X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The race that stops a nation!

Have Vanough05 or any punters out there got any tips for the Melbourne cup? Do proper punters get sick of people who only take an interest one day a year?

Bloody mexicans get a public holiday tomorrow.

It would be good to see Bart get his 12th win with Sirmoine. Looks like Master Reilly is the fav.

Over $100 million was gambled on the race last year. Imagine if we actually put that to some good use.

As a side note did any watch Border Security last night on chanel 7. One of the stories was about a Philipino ladyboy coming to Australia as a tourist but immigration reckoned she was here to work and wanted to send her home. All references were in the masculine - he, his etc and they were calling her Ronald (obviously these details are taken from the passport). It was just a bit odd watching someone who definitely wasn't a he or look like a Ronald, to give him credit the officer did ask what she prefered to be called. They eventually let her in.
    I know it has been discussed before about ladyboys not being able to change their sex on their passport. It just reminded me how uncomfortable these situations must be.
    I don't get it, is this a magic show?

I am not completely in touch with the Aussie form although I did watch the Caulfield Cup the other day and I would suggest the winner Master O'Reilly is bound to be in the mix at Flemington in a little over 8 hours time.
    Of the three invaders from the British Isles, I like the look of Tungsten Strike to get out in front from the get go and still be on the premises with a furlong to run, so £100.00 each way on him at 40/1 will do for me.
    My Alarm clock is set for 3.45am GMT.

Comment

Koykaeng's Selections for the Melbourne Cup...

No.24 - Mahler
      No.11 - Master O'Reilly
      No.23 - Princess Coup
      No. 12 - Purple Moon
      No. 9 - Zipping

Think Mahler gets in extremely well at the weights, and should have been given a harsher penalty.

Anyway, they are my selections if you want to take a few exotic bet types.

Good Luck !  

Cheers
      Koykaeng
      Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

Caulfield Cup is the best form.

Master O'Reilly was the best run of the race and was going further in front at the line.

Princess Coup is an oaks winner by 4-5 lenghts and finished 3rd in the Cup and meets the Master 3 kilos better at the weights.

So back both and you will bring home the bacon.

Comment

(koykaeng @ Nov. 05 2007,23:41) Koykaeng's Selections for the Melbourne Cup...

No.24 - Mahler
          No.11 - Master O'Reilly
          No.23 - Princess Coup
          No. 12 - Purple Moon
          No. 9 - Zipping

Think Mahler gets in extremely well at the weights, and should have been given a harsher penalty.

Anyway, they are my selections if you want to take a few exotic bet types.

Good Luck !  

Cheers
          Koykaeng
          Hedging your bets there KK, the first five in the betting according to UK bookies and the combined odds equate to around 7/4 against the rest of the field

Comment

Hi Pentire,

Well for the record, I'm going with No.24, Mahler !

I was just trying to give a few selections for the multiples.

Think your selection Tungsten Strike is well over the odds at 40/1, and looks the likely leader in the race.

Thought the runner up in the Caulfield Cup, Douro Valley is also great value at the near 70/1 being offered, although some doubts about the distance.

Cheers
            Koykaeng

Comment

2007 Emirates Melbourne Cup Results

1. Efficient (No. 6)
              2. Purple Moon (No. 12)
              3. Mahler (No. 24)
              4. Zipping (No. 9)

Last. Tungsten Strike (No. 8)

Cheers
              Koykaeng

Comment

Great race again, and how nice to see the GB/Ireland invaders really do themselves so much justice apart from Tungsten Strike that is

Comment

Well I did my nuts dropped 400.

Ah well.

Good runs by the overseas horses that placed considering they are not their best horses.

I know a bloke at the pub where I bet that put 1000 each way on efficient at best tote. Total collect about 30 K.

Also had Mahler each way for 500 each way.

Proffesional punter who only bets 2-3 times a month and waits for the right horse.

Been around since Phar Lap and know a hell of a lot about the nags.

My mate knows him really well and he told him about efficient on the Sunday prior.

Comment

Working...
                  X