X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cable news channel? Why?

I watch FOX a lot... and the reason is simple... they don't have the 3 minute weather gaps that other stations have. There's always something to watch even if it's ridiculous like what Mr Big has for his celebrity dinner or how bananas can cause cancer in leeches!

As for NEWS... well - of course it's rubbish, but it's very entertaining. They even made Aruba sound interesting!

The BBC is the worst because it's just plain boring. Most of the time it plays trailers from something coming soon or has mind-numbingly boring shows that appeal to the people who make them ONLY! Plus the crappy music and annoying smug journalists who create news rather than report it!

Al Jazeeera is the best for actual NEWS! It's balanced and entertaining and treats it's viewers as adults able to decide for themselves what's right and wrong.

CNN is a nightmare. They have one story a day and run it to death then in between 'updates' they run long weather graphics for places that nobody looking at the channel has ever been to and they spend the rest of the time sucking the dicks of large international hotel chains.

DW has it's moments but gets bogged down by dull special reports and plays them over several weeks.

CNBC (or MSNBC) and Bloomberg are OK but I'm just not that interested in business news to stick around for more than about 15 minutes.
    BBC World
    0%
    CNN
    0%
    Al Jazeeera
    0%
    FOX
    0%
    CNBC
    0%
    Bloomberg
    0%
    Deutsche Welle
    0%
    My fave isn't on the list
    0%

Fox, of course, with the others you might believe your are getting the Truth, but with Fox you are never in doubt
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I watch BBC World myself when in
      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

I can't watch TV "news". Except for the Daily Show, it's all just annoying shite to me.
        I get my news form NPR (National Public Radio), or The Huffington Post on line.
        "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
        Salin' on a summer breeze
        And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
        -Harry Nilsson

Comment

I only watch Al Jazeeera  

I like to keep up to date on the latest in al-Qaeda Fall and Winter Fashions.
          Attached Files

Comment

"FOX, The spin begins here" ®

Comment

Your dead right with CNN running one item to death all day long............Can't stand the others except perhaps FOX........and even FOX is not worthy of my time. |Each and every newscaster takes the same old crap and puts their own spin to it like its just now happening, so most times once 7am rolls around anything thats new is already out so I tend to not turn news on again until I am ready to g o to bed and see what I missed which is usually not a dam thing.

Comment

Voted BBC and not only because it gives me more UK info than the other choices but also because I enjoy watching Hard Talk and Top Gear.

Comment

Same here
                  Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                  Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

wheres nickleodeon?

Comment

I watch Sky News on the Web - it puts the pc correct BBC to shame

Comment

i voted cnn, don't know why - maybe because i got brain washed the last i was in LOS. cnn was the only news channel i could get- i ended up lying on bed hungover watching the same reports over and over again...

i don't have tv so havent seen the news in a while probably better off.
                        Al Jazeeera - seems probably the most balanced

whats France 24 like ? i've only seen it a few times - seemed ok

Comment

No cable at home, cannot justify for a few football matches each week, Watch the local stuff and the crap on the major networks and the News Hour on PBS very balanced. In Thailand will watch BBC and CNN.

Comment

I don't have Cable (or UBC) either. There's not anything on TV that I would actually pay money to see.

Now when I lived in Mexico you could buy "The Sunday Ticket" and watch all the football. I'd have paid anything for that here in Thailand.

As for news... I used to like the hour long Channel 4 (UK) news program when I used to live in that cold Island. Dunno even if it's still going now.

But news is boring. It's the same old stories since I was a kid... Gaza Strip, Israel, terrorists, the currency, the Dow jones is up/down/unchanged, and finally - a man who can waggle his ears!!! Yawn!

Comment

From experience most TV news is featured because there are pretty pictures available to watch  -  not that it's actually a particular news item.

If you want real news then listen to the BBC World service on the radio.

Despite it's budget being carved up to finance pretty pictures on TV and 'dumbing down' by so called managers it still provides a reasonably balanced view on world affairs.
                              Where it fails is that it's a UK/western perspective only.

Fox TV news?...  Anything produced under the control of Rupert Murdoch leaves me wondering what is his agenda? Death where is thine sting?

RR.
                              Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                              Kahuna

Comment

Working...
                              X