X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd Internet forums

My nomination for wierd forum goes to www.airliners.net - here is an example of a current thread:

PSU's on delta and upgrades.

It has been a while since I posted a thread about PSUs on Delta's aircraft. However, I have a question.

On July 5, 2007, I flown on two Delta flights: A 757 on ABQ-ATL and a domestic 767-300 on ATL-MCO. Both of my aircraft had the leather interior. However, only the 767-300 had new PSUs installed.

My question is: Is Delta still doing the PSU upgrades? I have noticed that based on many new cabin photos on Delta's aircraft with the leather seats, many of them still feature the old PSUs. While some of the Transcon 757s have newer-style PSUs like those on the 737-800s, I don't think that any of the older Transcon 757s (such as the Pink Breast Cancer Awareness aircraft) have gotten the PSU upgrades that many of the other 757s did. I also know that some (but not all) MD-88s have gotten new PSUs. I believe that all of the domestic 767-300s with the leather interior have the new PSUs. I think that some of the international 767-300ERs have gotten the PSU upgrades as well. The 767-400s and 777s did not get PSU updates, but they didn't really need them. I don't know about the MD-90s and 737-800s.

So, is Delta still doing any PSU upgrades?

If your still reading this, you may well be wondering what the F&#k is a 'PSU'? Well guess what - its the light consol above your head that also houses the call button - what kind of a sad guy would go to all this trouble to a) post about his experiences by aircraft and b) why does he even give a toss?

Definately wins my award for saddo forum of the year, however you may know some others?

Cheers
    Mardhi

What kind of sad guy would find a forum like this!!!!
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Wow... I though I was bad for hanging out here for hours and hours...

Comment

What sort guys talk about shagging blokes in dresses and fly half way around the world for the privilege.

Shit thats me. Oh well maybe this forum qualifies as weird to those that stumble upon it    

Comment

From the Tennis.com message board...

I am planning to get my new racquet strung with a half set of Babolat VS natural gut 17 strung at a tension of 58 and a half set of Babolat Pro Hurricane 16 string strung at 56 on a Yonex RDS 003, i am just wondering if these strings have a history of leading to problems such as tennis elbow, thanks in advance.
            Don't worry, folks... we are the sanest people on the planet!

Comment

From the TeenSpot.com message board... Link to the post!

due to chris benoit strangling his wife and probably giving the peoples elbow to his baby, and then killing himself,, we had to postpone the mud wrestling party, so we had time to grieve. but now we are over that and ready to rumble. so this coming saturday, july 7th, is Steve Shortt's Mud Wrestling Bonanza...
            Amazing!

Comment

The Cat-world.com.au has a sad collection of losers, too!

Hi, everyone! Sorry I haven't been on the board lately. Well, the kitties were 8 weeks old and today we adopted them out to friends of ours. Our friend (Adam) took two and he is giving his Dad (who we know well) two. Biscuits is whining! I went out there a couple of times and she stopped. She is now lying in the window looking so depressed. I'm sitting here bawling my eyes out. Is this normal? Should I not have adopted them out all at once? I'm so sad!
              For fucks sake... Is this really an adult posting this garbage?

Comment

By the way just in case any of you think I am some plane spotting anorak - rest assured I just googled about when the Airbus A380 goes into service with Singapore Airlines (I need to plan a trip to London in the autumn) and ended up on that site. Pretty frightening bunch of guys on there for sure.

Oh and by the way, still no answer when the double decker goes into regular service other than sometime around Christmas or new year, possibly - so that rules out the A380 for me this time around.

Cheers
                Mardhi

Comment

Well, maybe people here will want to joint force with those guy to do a group order of LB dolls

http://www.dollforum.com/index.php

How about discussion about flashlights

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/

Personally, I found the saddest forums remain to be the audiophile equipment discussion forums.

Comment

The frist post has to be by a guy who spends way to much time flying.

Comment

I guess it'd be hard trying to find a subject that doesn't already have a forum for that topic... They pretty much got everything covered.

Comment

(mardhi @ Jul. 08 2007,23:34) Oh and by the way, still no answer when the double decker goes into regular service
                        The maiden flight touched down in Sydney yesterday, some idiot with too much money paid over 100k for his seat.
                        I don't get it, is this a magic show?

Comment

Working...
                        X