X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Spicey

Police sealed off three streets in central London on Monday as they investigated a suspected chemical terror attack that turned out to be a Thai chef brewing up a particularly pungent burnt chilli sauce.
    The three hour lockdown in Soho saw a Hazardous Area Response Team Unit and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus engaging in a 24 style hunt for the source of a cloud of acrid smoke, The Times reports.
    However, instead of trapping a bunch of wild-eyed ne'er-do-wells who hate us because we're free, cops instead surrounded a huge cooking pot primed with 9lbs of smouldering dried chillies at the Thai Cottage Restaurant.
    Further analysis of the suspect substances, together with intelligence gleaned from the chef brewing up the fiery mixture, revealed they were in the process of being turned into a batch of Nam Prik Pao. The potent mixture may well cause burns and discomfort if abused, but is usually deployed with nothing more lethal than a bowl of prawn crackers and a bottle of cold beer.
    A Scotland Yard spokesman told PA: "The street was closed off for three hours while we were trying to discover the source of the odour."
    It's not the first time innocent cooking materials have morphed into potential bio-terror attacks. Just last month, police in New Haven Connecticut came down hard on a running club that used a trail of flour to mark a trail. They, understandably, assumed the baking ingredient could well have been anthrax.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10/03/thai_sauce/
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

My god , what would have happened to someones arse if they had eaten it
    Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

yes - this made the Times as well today!!

will go there just to try the sauce!
      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

They couldn't have BOUGHT that publicity!

Comment

The brits can't eat spicey.

Comment

I have one thing to say....... curry!

RR.
            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
            Kahuna

Comment

(moe666 @ Oct. 03 2007,21:37) The brits can't eat spicey.
              And where do you find true spicy in the states?
              seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(katoeylover @ Oct. 03 2007,22:45) And where do you find true spicy in the states?
                They have millions of Mexicans who are doing their best to show them the way!    

RR.
                Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                Kahuna

Comment

(katoeylover @ Oct. 04 2007,06:45) And where do you find true spicy in the states?
                  Taco Bell
                  "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Come to New Mexico boys and I will have fire coming out of your ears. We have a green chili that will give Thai chili a run for it's money. By the way Mexicans from Mexico do not eat that hot. Been there done that.

Curry, the leaf or that swill they serve in the curry shops around GB.

Comment

(moe666 @ Oct. 04 2007,05:37) The brits can't eat spicey.
                      we prefer bland

Comment

This time of year in New Mexico is chili harvest you can buy a 50 lb. sack of the stuff, hot, medium, or mild. They have a big drum that rotates and a propane tank that is hooked up to a burner and in about 5 min. your chili is roasted. The pungent smell of roasting chili fills the air and writing about it makes my mouth water, it will also make your eyes water. Always have ice cream for desert because the next day when your asshole is burning you can scream come on ice cream.

After you get the chili home you can peel it and place in plastic bags or fill the bags and peel as you need it. Put all of the bags in the freezer and you have chili year round.

Comment

(allstar88 @ Oct. 05 2007,06:18)
                          we prefer bland
                          Give me cod & chips and mushy peas , washed down with a big mug of tea anyday ..... mmmmmm

Comment

(jimslim @ Oct. 06 2007,04:40)
                            (allstar88 @ Oct. 05 2007,06:18)
                            we prefer bland
                            Give me cod & chips and mushy peas , washed down with a big mug of tea anyday ..... mmmmmm  

brown sauce or red?

Comment

Oh the brown sir

Comment

Working...
                              X