X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Movie Maker/DVD Maker crash fix

So your Vista Movie Maker/DVD Maker crashes when you try to Plublish to DVD after you've downloaded some codecs.
    I can only help if you get this in Vista's Problem Reports and Solutions, which can be found in the control panel.
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: DvdMaker.exe
    Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
    Application Timestamp: 4549b5b0
    Fault Module Name: iac25_32.ax
    Fault Module Version: 2.0.5.53
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcd1
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00003548
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 8d13
    Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
    Additional Information 3: 8d13
    Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
    This is the bugger that causes the problem; iac25_32.ax  It's an Intel/Indeo audio codec which isn't compatable with Vista. To fix the problem you have to rename it to iac25_32.ax.bak which is not as easy as right clicking and chosing Rename, no, firstly you have to take Ownership of it.
    Now the fun begins (?)
    Firstly, I take no responceability if you screw up your computer when you do this fix, if in doubt, get a professional to do the job for you.
    Create a System Restore Point and back up your files!!!!!
    Before you start make sure you're loged on as Administrator.
    Go to, Computer→ C drive→Windows→System32→iac25_32.ax
    Right click and open security→click on Administrators→click on Advanced→click on Administrators→click on Edit→click on Administrators (Again)→click on Edit once more. You will see a dialog box named "Permission Entry for iac25_32.ax" tick every Allow box (Right down at the bottom is "Take Ownership") Close all dialog boxes by clicking OK.
    Now right click iac25_32.ax and rename it iac25_32.ax.bak and click OK.
    That's all there is to it. Your Movie Maker/DVD Maker should be working correctly now.
    Again, if in doubt don't attempt to do the fix or get a professional to do it for you. Or use third party software.

I wonder if they will make computers for humans in my lifetime!

Comment

I found this solution easier
      Windows Laptop with vista -> Hit with Sledgehammer
      Mac Store -> Buy MacBook Pro

( seriously Vista is known to be crappy and incompatible with all kinds of stuff, bleeding edge=bleeding )
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I have an even easier..... and cheaper solution to Vista..... I'm not going to buy it.

It gets me that MicroShaft puts partly developed products out in the market and gets the consumer to finish off the product development.
        At the moment Bill Gates gets away with it and gets richer still.

The British motor industry used to do the same thing.
        But they had competition and we can all see what happened to them in the end.

RR.
        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
        Kahuna

Comment

(Snick @ Sep. 10 2007,18:20) I found this solution easier
          Windows Laptop with vista -> Hit with Sledgehammer
          Mac Store -> Buy MacBook Pro

( seriously Vista is known to be crappy and incompatible with all kinds of stuff, bleeding edge=bleeding )

Vista is a joke. A resouce hog, unstable, ect ect. I was forced into using a vista machine in a club as a DJ. hell it didnt even play songs in media player without stutters and stops. Get a mac and actually have a realiable and fun machine.

Comment

Working...
          X