Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you drink?

Be honest... do you drink too much?

I drink more than I should and although I'm not consummed by drink it does bother me that I get drunk and can't rememebr anything afterwards. And approaching 50 I should really be a bit more careful...

Of course too much for you is not too much for me or anyone else. We are all different.

I actually don't drink a lot or often but when I do it's always too much!

Also - how would you define 'an alcoholic'?
    I don't drink and never have.
    0%
    I don't drink but I used to, a little.
    0%
    I don't drink, but I used to, too much.
    0%
    I'm an occasional drinker.
    0%
    I'm a moderate drinker.
    0%
    I'm a regular drinker.
    0%
    I'm a heavy drinker.
    0%
    I drink too much and don't care'
    0%
    I drink too much but I wish I didn't.
    0%
    Oh for fucks sake...
    0%

I think we need "Occasional binge drinker"
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Yes - that's a good option and probably sums me up pretty well.

Comment

I am a teetotaler, so never drank alcohol and never will.

One definition of an alcoholic is someone who craves alcohol and undergoes physical withdrawal symptoms if they stop. They are usually typified by drinking significant amounts on a regular basis.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

i'm just about to order one of those self help books off amazon
          tried AA and another one of those books but they tell u to go tee-total, i just find that too boring, so i'm getting a book that will hopefully aid moderate drinking.

u don't neccessarily have to drink masses to be an alky, lots of people in AA don't drink everyday. but generally it involves stuff like harming relationships, underperforming at work, being ill a lot from hangovers, and basically relying on it as a form of escape

Comment

I am a social drinker. When in California, I have a few drinks with the gang every week or two and unwind at the pub. When in Thailand I go out several nights a week and drink a lot; a dozen drinks is a decent amount for me and contributes to a feeling of euphoria and carefreeness I don't usually get to enjoy. It also helps me relate to those much younger in the nightlife venues whose actions often seem strange if I am sober and where I would be just a bump on a log in return. The nightlife really lends itself to lots of consumption and I love it. Due to the concerns of potential health issues one reads about I decided to get a very extensive physical at BNH and learned all systems are normal and in good shape. It doesn't hurt anyone else or myself so I am ok with it.

It is interesting how the view of alcohol, like coffee, is on the up in recent years. Countless studies have now shown that moderate amounts are better for the heart than none at all. And a new study discovered so called "beer bellies" are due to the types of food people choose while drinking alcohol rather than the alcohol itself! Alcohol is addictive however and that does result in problems for many and for that reason the positives will always be tempered by that.

Comment

SB...........

This is very difficult to answer due to many factors and needing clarity on some words.

For Example, please define the following:

a little.
              too much.
              occasional drinker.
              moderate drinker.
              regular drinker.
              heavy drinker.

The whole thing is really subjective  
              You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 03 2007,19:30) And approaching 50 I should really be a bit more careful...    I actually don't drink a lot or often but when I do it's always too much!
                Dont fret, stogie  - when you start approaching 60, you dont care about it too much anyway!  Which makes me a bad influence  .....        tomorrow?  

It is (arguably) one of my least damaging addictions - falling in love with a hooker being my most damaging (but I'm in rehab for that too  )
                TT

Comment

not too much these days, but i can have a great time without alcohol.

Specially watching Stogie drunk (anyone want to see the video? )
                  seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

too much  

Comment

As I am a manager of a pub its a bit hard for me to stay away from the booze

I have voted "moderate" as I NEVER have a drink while Im working and sometimes have a couple of pints after the pub is closed by myself.

On my days off I dont drink at all unless I have arranged to go out with friends and I will have a "binge drink" but this is a rare occurance

Of course this all changes when Im in the   when I drink "too much"

Dave007...
                      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Depending on my days activities I can consume from two to eight large Chang Beers. After being outside working in the garden the sweat is pouring off of me and I am pretty dehydrated. I don't drink any type of Soda Pops, way too much sugar and juice is something I drink in the morning. So, beer it is. So far I have managed to avoid the beer belly, I figure that by sweating so much and doing what it takes to keep fit I am staying ahead of the game. No hard booze for me any more. Lessons learned along the way have taught me that I have to stay away from the hard stuff.

Comment

I don't have a drinking problem.

I drink I get drunk I fall down no problem

Comment

u don't neccessarily have to drink masses to be an alky, lots of people in AA don't drink everyday. but generally it involves stuff like harming relationships, underperforming at work, being ill a lot from hangovers, and basically relying on it as a form of escape
                            Yes - I agree with this definition of being an alcoholic more than any other that I've heard or read. Being an alcoholic is different thngs to different people. I tend to believe that it is the social factors mostly that define this condition.

Comment

(SamplerDoc @ Jul. 03 2007,19:31) For Example, please define the following:

a little.
                              too much.
                              occasional drinker.
                              moderate drinker.
                              regular drinker.
                              heavy drinker.

The whole thing is really subjective...
                              Yes it is and these words may mean something different to each of us and that's why I didn't specify a quantity of drink.

Four bottles of Chang is a lot for me but probably not a lot for many beer drinkers.

Drinking a little every day can be seen as 'moderate' to some and excessive to others...

Comment

Working...
                              X