X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese model dies of cancer at age 25

Cancer's bad, and dying of it at age 25 is very bad, but not being told you have cancer - is that bad or not? What do you all think? Here's a brief story on a Japanese model who passed away quite recently, at the age of 25 or 26, with some form of cancer of the stomach or colon or appendix.

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/nationa....0c.html

POL
    Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Maybe its better off not knowing - at least you dont worry too much about it.

I think i would like to know, then you could take time to do all those things you wanted to do but never had time.
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Or find out early and treat it and cure it and live to be 80.

Comment

Having worked in Palliative Care, it was eye opening to see the differences between various cultures regarding terminal illness.

During my time with the team, we had a few Japanese, Chinese and Korean patients. For the Japanese patients the families instructed us not to inform the patient about their condition. This was extremely difficult on the team, and confusing for the patient as they did not know what their real problem was. While their pain and other symptoms could be treated, their emotions about what was going on could not. For the Chinese and Korean patients it was mixed, some families gave instructions not to tell the patient their condition, while some were ok.

I personally think it is better to tell the patient what is going on. This way the patient has time to settle their affairs and perhaps work out any family and relationship issues before they die.

Early diagnosis and treatment is best of course, but not always possible - and it sound like this Japanese woman was treated but it was unsuccessful.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

(katoeylover @ Jul. 18 2007,03:01) I think i would like to know, then you could take time to do all those things you wanted to do but never had time.
          I Agree.  I would Take out All My Charge Cards and Run Up Huge Bills while Traveling the World  

I Would Leave Only Bills Behind.
          Now Just Hope You are Not in My Will  
          You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Come to think of it, I agree with the folks who say that at least if you know, you can at least truly live like there's no tomorrow.

Before you know it, credit cards will start asking for health records when someone goes on a sudden shopping spree.

Then who do you sue when you discover there was an error at the hospital, but unfortunately you're now too broke to afford the correct treatment?

More seriously, I think Rxpharm's comments are very interesting. In the case of the elderly and possibly terminally ill, I'm aware that there are "Do not resuscitate" or living will orders, for those who want to just go out quickly when the time comes. But when the time comes too soon, I think everyone deserves a last hurrah.

I've heard of cases where someone has a terminal illness, and knows it enough in advance that they can gather with the friends they've accumulated over a lifetime. I think everyone would like to have that opportunity, and I think most of the time one's friends will only make the effort to attend if they know that there's a grave ending in sight. A farewell surpassing Mercutio's would be nice.

POL
            Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

I think as that as soon as you are legally responsible for yourself, you should be the first to know. You might have different views and wishes than even your closest family has. Its your body and you should have the right to choose what you want done with it.

Comment

Working...
              X