X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking in the UK

I've been back a few times and I've also seen the city streets at night and even during the day. Hardline drinkers creating a nuisance of themselves to regular normal folk, so now the normal law abiding citizens in most UK cities don't even go out at night any more. It's a fucking disgrace in the UK.

The problem is the British culture. Britain is becoming a nation of losers whose only resort from the endless boredom of their horrible existence is to get drunk as often, and as quickly, as possible.

There are few jobs around to be proud of, no identifying roots to call one's own and no education system worthy of even the name.

All I see is a long road of menial service industry employment, early parenthood, massive taxation and the sight of all that hard-earned money disappearing into the pockets of the so called 'hard up'.

The middle class has already decided that enough is enough and they are following the pensioners abroad.

The state of this once great nation is a national fucking disgrace and every politition there should be hanging his or her head in shame and they should also be held accountable for the systematic destruction that has taken place there over the last 30 years.

I've never seen so many poor people and so many desperately unneeded lives as I have in the UK. As crime sky rockets out of control with shootings now a daily occurence and with the police handcuffed by wooly minded liberal imbeciles we haven't a chance.

I left back in 1987. On the 26th of August next month I'll have been a stranger there for 20 years. How people can survive there in comfort, style and peace is beyond me but I can see why the gypsies, thieves and scroungers would like it though...

A nation of under-educated and un-needed alcoholic TV dieted losers... The only ambition is the reality of a government handout and the dream of fame or a lottery win.

And on top of that the benefits of global warming are at least 30 years off so in addition to all that we still have crappy weather!

I'm from Great Britain!  

Unfortunatly, the US is on the same road. Low paying jobs, in debt up to their necks, no excess to health care and a tide of illlegal immigration driving down wages more.

I am happy to be on the tailend of it retiring next year on my way to Thailand. I do have concern for my two children and one grandchild but cannot live their life for them.

Comment

The conservative opposition want to raise duty on all alcohol if the win power.

However this will not stop the so-called binge drinking culture where full strength alcohol costs less per litre than bottled water.

After the persecution of smokers, drinkers are next on the hit list by the Pleasure police.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news....108.xml
      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

The state of this once great nation is a national fucking disgrace and every politition there should be hanging his or her head in shame and they should also be held accountable for the systematic destruction that has taken place there over the last 30 years.
        I thought you said that Thatcher was the best politician that ever lived? She was in power right in the middle of all this
        Mister Arse

Comment

A prime minister is only "in charge" to some degree. If they have an overwhelmingly liberal parliament, or congress, they can only do so much.

That is what happened here with Reagan during the same period. For all the good he did, a liberal congress did plenty of damage, and spent $1.60 for every dollar that came in from tax revenues.

Any president or prime minister has their limitations.

Comment

(Stewart @ Jul. 10 2007,00:39) I thought you said that Thatcher was the best politician that ever lived? She was in power right in the middle of all this
            No, she has been out of power for 17 years.

The rest since then have managed to fuck up all the good work that government did.
            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

what a set of miserable c**nts  

Comment

Thatcher lost the plot in the end but I was a fan for a long time... and I also blame Thatcher for not giving the police enough authority to shoot first and ask questions later.

Comment

The UK has been going down the pan a long time , president Blair has just speeded up the process .

All his talk of an equal just society has been complete bullshit , well educated hard working people have now a future to look forward to working in a call centre .

Britain today is a society of extremes , in many ways a mirror image of America

At the top of society an elite of big business making obscene amounts of money , and at the same time evading tax to cream even more from the rest of us .

At the bottom rung we now have a permanent (and ever growing ) underclass , whose future is a life of benefits , and whose only ambition in life is to see how pissed they can get and how much they can torture their neighbours who have to get up and go to work each morning .

The vast majority of the rest of us are now taxed to the max to fund these two extremes .

At the same time we live in a society of blandness , force fed shit on tv , where the braindead are promoted to the new "celebrity" and held up as a role model to the young as how we can all be rich and famous with no ability .

Government has never been more dishonest and spineless , New Labour is based on spin and PR and lies , no wonder the majority dont vote (and dont trust any politician)

President Blair is more interested in waging war at the behest of corporate business in the middle east (with god on his side ) than sorting out the mess in the UK

Good , honest , hard working people are the ones bearing the brunt of this
                  How can people teach their children decent princibles like respect , looking out for one another , being honest etc when so many have made a career doing the opposite ?

Ah well thats that of my chest , this time 2 1/2 weeks Ill be sitting in Guess with a cold beer in my hand and a LB on my knee ..... cant wait    
                  Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

where all doomed ..................

Comment

i work and ive had a quite prosperous 10 years under labour  

Comment

Working...
                      X