Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiricy Theories

Hello All,

Someone made a comment about conspiracy theories in the thread about the carbon footprint.  I'm very sceptical about most of the so called conspiracy theories.
    They usually take a few real facts plus several half truths and then spin them into what appears at first sight to be a plausible story.  But story is what nearly all of them are.

So here's the challenge  -  do you know/have you come accross one that does stand up to scrutiny and preferrably is relatively little known.
    Are you prepared to cite your sources and let others take it apart?

Re-cycling is not allowed  -  the aliens at Roswell, the more than one gunman at the Kennedy assasination and why did the airliner only make a small hole in the Pentagon building
    have all been done to death. But if you can come up with an original slant on a 'golden oldie' then that's allowed.  Unashamedly that's what I am going to do.

Here's my favourite  -  the sinking of the Lusitania.

Some of you know the story  -  British liner leaves New York in 1915 and gets sunk of the southern Irish coast by a German submarine.
    Allegedly it causes America to enter the war as there were American citizens on the ship.
    Actually it was the Zimmerman telegram that did that.   (You will have to do your own research on that one )

The submarine was directed there. False it was pure luck that it found the ship.  The sub captain had already decided to go home and was trying to get a position when he saw the Lusitania.
    The Lusitania is allegedly carrying explosives.  This is true, it was allowed by the rules then and still is. But the explosives are the type that burn and do not explode.
    Did the explosives burn or explode that day - no but the coal dust in the ships fuel bunkers did and greatly accelerated the rate of sinking.
    Did the British government send the ship there on purpose in the hope it would be sunk.  No they were really not that clever  -  they are still not  

So where is the conspiracy then?
    The British Royal Navy made several serious mistakes in directing the ship to where it was sunk.
    This was shortly after losing three ships in the North Sea to submarines.  They needed to cover up their mistake so that there would not be a public enquiry.
    The answer?  Blame the captain of the Lusitania by alleging he did not follow his instructions and then hang him out to dry.

Winston Churchill (who was then political head of the navy) initialled a memo from an official in the Admiralty (the Royal Navy administration) that said;-  
    'it is considered politically expedient that (the captain of the Lusitania) be most prominently blamed for the disaster.

To do this they removed pages from signal logs  -  interviewed only the passengers/crew of the ship that said the right things  -
     prevented the captain from using the navy's instructions in his defence  -  and very effectively 'engineered' the press reports.

That does strike me as a conspiricy    

My sources?
    Lusitania  -  by Colin Simpson 1972 (you can still find this in paperback)
    Lusitania  -  by Diana Preston 2002.

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

How about the one that Tony Blair and the Labour party are setting up Gordon Brown to take the fall for the cash for honours scandal.

Or that Thames TV lost their franchise over "death of a Princess" and "Death on the Rock" where the SAS assassinated 3 irs gubrubbers
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Steve Irwin became a Christian before he died.

Comment

How about the theory that Steve Irwin was a good entertainer.

Is it just me or does anyone else think this 'bloke' was a fucking pain in the ass and a self-promoting male diva?

Comment

(stogie bear @ Feb. 22 2007,11:19) Steve Irwin was a good entertainer.

Is it just me or does anyone else think this 'bloke' was a fucking pain in the ass and a self-promoting male diva?
          If you thought he was a good croc hunter, you should have seen him wrestle a LB!

Comment

(stogie bear @ Feb. 22 2007,11:19) How about the theory that Steve Irwin was a good entertainer.

I never understood all the fuss when he went either

Comment

If you had ever been to Australia Zoo when Steve was in entertainment mode, you would see that indeed he was a great showman & he sure could take the piss/mick. No doubt about that! No he wasn't perfect, but he certainly put Australian wildlife, and conservation on the map in a way that no one before has ever done.

Comment

Could not have put it any better myself

However my vote goes to Sharpelle Corby and the media that tried to convince Australia that she was innocent of drug smuggling. With the news of late she was up to her eye balls in crime, drug tarifficking with her family members. Rot in Jail pretty lady!

Comment

the queen killed diana?
                  Attached Files

Comment

How did Anna Nicole and her son really die!?! Just like how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop... The world may never know!

Comment

There is a guy called Bartram( i think) who has surfaced recently who asks us to consider the following.....

At the rate of increase of computational power increase it is probable that in say 100,1000, or even 10,000 years time man will be able to re create and simulate ancient civilizations using quantum computers or DNA computers or whatever technology evolves...

he says therefore its possible that we are in fact living in a computer type simulation right now and dont know it... some else has set the agenda and is sitting back .
                      There are indeed some groups who are looking for clues that we are living in this virtual fishtank

he also says that if one is living is an age that these simulations become possible ... you would probably already be living in a fake universe...

PS
                      Its definately not my theory so no loonies flaming me please

( He predates the Matrix by the way)

Comment

How about the belief that GWB is acutaly running the country. Or that he was ever actualy elected president.

Comment

here's one:

there are *guys* running around thailand in *dresses* and thousands of farangi think they are hotter than *real* women!!!
                          it's so *huge* over there (they say!!!) that there are actually websites devoted to this imaginary pursuit!

now how unfuckingbelievable is that!!!

Comment

This type of rumour can be very dangerous. I suggest you tread carefully my friend.

p.s. Show us the evidence !

Comment

Working...
                            X