X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croke Park- Ireland

There been a lot of talk and controversy this week of why the 6 nations Rugby Union match between Ireland v England was being played at Croke Park,

Quote from The Daily Star

The atmosphere will be unlike any the England players will have experienced
    Fourteen Irish citizens were shot dead there by the British Army in 1920 in retribution for the assassination of British agents
    No English sporting team has ever played at the Gaelic football stadium and the singing of the National Anthem's is sure to be a spine-tingling moment

You can say that again,

The behaviour of the Irish crowd during the English Anthem of
    "God Save The Queen" was absolutely impecable and amazing
    The hairs on my neck stood on end and  brought a lump to my throat

I just want to say thanks to the Irish

You are a credit to your Nation  

Dave...
    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Doesn't surprise me. What's all the fuss ? Maybe just some tabloid drivel (as usual)

I think Landsdowne Rd was under renovation wasn't it ?

The thing about Rugby is that all the followers are decent blokes and respect the game (where's the Irish and welsh flags when you need 'em ? )

Comment

It basically boil's down
      to the GAA not wanting
      foreign game's played
      on their turf! Kind of
      stupid cos the guy's
      that say these thing's
      nearly alway's shout for
      premiership team's!
      Attached Files
      If she aint got a dick, she's just a chick!  

Comment

The Result

Ireland 43 England 13

Dave...

Comment

well done ireland well done the irish crowd england played well but lost to a better team i just wish ireland had stuffed the frogs two weeks ago!?

Comment

Me too!!  
            Sorry dave!
            If she aint got a dick, she's just a chick!  

Comment

(allstar88 @ Feb. 25 2007,03:48) i just wish ireland had stuffed the frogs two weeks ago!?
              I recommend garlic butter with a hint of tarragon

Comment

Yum Yum

Comment

stogie started a thread why people like to beat the english at sport, weve made a rod for our own backs with our history of events ,like shooting people at croke park in 1920 but the irish gave a polite applause when the england team entered the ground and observed the national anthem tolerance is a great thing

Comment

As a matter of interest Dave, where did you go drinking before/after the match ? A few pubs in that area, or did you go back into 'town' ?

Comment

I did not go to the game itself, watched it on TV

Like I said, the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end and it brought a lump to my throat when the National Anthems were sung

God only knows what I would have felt if I was actually at the game
                      I know that a hardened ex Irish Rugby player said he was in tears as were many many others in the crowd
                      No shame there, I would have no doubt been the same
                      The emotion of the occasion and atmosphere was UNBELIEVABLE, Electric in fact, and that was just coming from the TV

The English did not stand a chance of winning yesterday

Again, Hats off to the Irish for their sportmanship and respect

Dave...

Comment

That's Rugby my friend !

Comment

(lemarquis @ Feb. 26 2007,02:36) That's Rugby my friend !

i hope the english football team does not  ever play at croke park or it will be a different story!

Comment

I used to attend all the Internationals at Parc de Princes. Their was always a festive atmosphere in the air, in and outside the ground.

We'd get a few in before the match and a few more after

Invariably the craic was good natured between fans from opposing nations, win or lose.

Go to the football in London these days and it's more a case of keep your head down and hide your colours

Comment

Working...
                            X