X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple iTunes Fiasco!

The Apple Macintosh computer company haven't managed to get a version of iTunes ready for Windows Vista yet despite having had plenty of time to get their act together...

The company which sells cheap plastic computers from China has warned on it's website that people upgrading to Vista should hold off if they want to use iTunes, because the tart fruits aren't able to make a version that works!

Of course they may well be holding off on it's new release of iTunes hoping that a few desperate people will convert to the confusing Apple system of computers.

But surely they wouldn't do that as it would be against the anti-trust laws wouldn't it? An anti-trust court might take a less than favorable view of Apple spending a fortune trying to get users, who might be thinking of upgrading to Vista, to change to OSX instead.

That court might think that telling users that they can't connect their iPods to Vista and should wait for an unspecified time before upgrading might be just using the iTunes monopoly to buy time for more people to switch to OSX.

Sounds like Apple has some sour grapes in it's fruity bowl!

If you've seen the ads on TV for Apple Macs you'll see how desperate this dreadful company has become.

But if they can't update their music player software for Vista after years of advance warning you can imagine how inefficient, confusing and unsuable their operating system is.
    Attached Files

(stogie bear @ Feb. 05 2007,20:58) The company which sells cheap plastic computers from China
    Aren't most computer components made cheaply in China, or Taiwan, or S. Korea, or......

(stogie bear @ Feb. 05 2007,20:58) you can imagine how inefficient, confusing and unsuable their operating system is.
    Bit like Windows then    

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

On a side issue, apple just won there court case for copy right against the Beatles today AFTER 25 YEARS. I am a bit surprised about the ruling.

Comment

Yes, if by 'win' you mean 'compromise!'

The so called 'win' gives Apple Macintosh ownership of the name and logo in return for agreeing to license some of those trademarks back to London-based Apple Corps (minder of The Beatles' commercial interests) for their ongoing use.

Apple mac paid The Beatles up to $100 million for the rights to the Apple name. That would come on top of more than $26.5 million Apple paid to settle past disputes with Apple Corps.\

Still - it's got a happy ending... Soon, instead of downloading all the Beatles songs for free like everyone does now, some wankers might soon be able to buy them for a buck each from iTunes!

Comment

But if they can't update their music player software for Vista after years of advance warning you can imagine how inefficient, confusing and unsuable their operating system is.
          by "their", you mean Microsoft right/

Sorry for taking a while to reply.....I was busy picking my jaw back up off the floor after SB's posting. But I know that Stogie is a relatively intelligent Bear as beasr go, so I will assume that this ia a wind up post
          Mister Arse

Comment

Bugger...

Comment

I'm getting a free copy of Vista. When I upgrade will there be any problems with the Fourms ?

I'll be wearing a surgical uniform during the upgrade.
              My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

One thing that always facinates me is just how pissed people get at apple. "Cant we all just get along" There is plenty of room in this world for the rainbow of OS's. There are those that enjoy spending hours and hours and tons of money keeping their computer up and running. It is a lifestyle. It provides plenty of IT jobs, and is a boon for those that yearn to be respected as geeks.
                There are those that love creating their own OS's by using command line and open source coding. Yes true backyard tech mechanics of sorts.
                And there are those that enjoy just having a computer that actualy works well, so they can enjoy the fruits of the modern world without having to reboot, lose info, get infections or slowdowns, or having to spend time constantly tweeking things.
                Yes it is a rainbow out there and I for one am glad it is that way.
                Now I will remove my tounge from my cheek.
                I use both windows and mac. And without question mac is my prefered platform. I must say I have been getting a real kick out of going to stores and watching people try to figure out vista. They are clicking and clicking and trying to figure out what the hell they are doing. But at the same time the are like moths to a flame. Knowing that they will be destroyed but still drawn to it.
                I must say that vista does make an attempt to look like a mac interface. But clumsy and much less elegant. But under the hood it seems to be a nightmare. They have what 4 different versions? And the whole security thing is nuts. One of the reasons you need a powerful computer is that so much of the processor is required just for the security measures. Oh well guess it will sell lots of upgraded computers. The other thing that bothers me is the whole big brother approach of constanly pinging your machine to make sure you are "legal" sorry, but stay the hell out of my drive.
                Now macs are not perfect but by a long sight it is a more reliable unubtrusive OS.
                Basicly OSX is unix. Very stable and very secure. If you are an under the hood type you can enter it and do command line stuff and customize it how ever you want.
                Next time I upgrade it will be to a new mac and I will run a dual boot. Running vista or XP on a partition. Thus I will be able to upgrade both systems in one machine. I have a saying. I do my have to work on a pc and my want to work on a mac. But more and more the mac is my primary preference.

Comment

I must say I have been getting a real kick out of going to stores and watching people try to figure out vista...
                  I rest my case! Typical smug reaction of a Mackintosh 'trekkie' who things his toy is best and likes to gloat at the perceived failures of others. It's pathetic. If you are "going to stores" to just smirk at people interested in Windows Vista you really need to buy a gold fish or write to your mum and ask her about moving out of her basement.

If you are an under the hood type...
                  Mpst people aren't and they don't want to be. either. Computers should be like driving a car... You turn the fucker on and go. I don't need to open up the fuse box to turn on the lights!

Do you think that people who go to stores just automatically know how a Mackintosh works or do you reckon that there might be a certain amount of trying to "figure out" the OSX also? I'll tell you what I do know - there are no Windows users standing in the aisles "getting a real kick out of going to stores and watching people try to figure" it out!

My boss was recently conned buy a couple of people he knew into buying o a Mackintosh and the day he bought it he had to have Windows installed on a partition and the day he got back home he unloaded it on his kids and bought a normal computer.

The point is that no-one wants to 'learn a computer. we just want a machine that DOES STUFF!

Macs FAIL to do that and if they WERE better then why don't most people have one? Or even seriously consider it?

Or is this a Windows conspiracy and are there secret practices going on that make people like Windows better!

Apple appeal applies to a niche market and some business. For most normal computer users that want email and Solitaire then a Windows computer is obviously what they will try to "figure out" when they go shopping. Good luck with your 'dual' booting' but most people in the world havn't a clue what you're on about, and they will never want to!

Mac owners are religous in their conviction, so NEVER get talking to one. You'll end up cornered in a kitchen at parties with fantastic biblical tales of how their Macs saved their lives and that if you don't believe then you are an ignorant fool and will go to Tech hell!

Comment

(LadyboyFLIX @ Feb. 11 2007,16:33) Mac owners are religous in their conviction, so NEVER get talking to one. You'll end up cornered in a kitchen at parties with fantastic biblical tales of how their Macs saved their lives and that if you don't believe then you are an ignorant fool and will go to Tech hell!

pardon me, my son, but would you care for a fresh-baked cookie?

now please watch your step --

the ss salvation is ready for you to board.

Comment

The point is that no-one wants to 'learn a computer. we just want a machine that DOES STUFF!
                      Macs FAIL to do that
                      You have GOT to be joking

This posting HAS to be Stogie again, having failed with his original windup and now clutching at straws

I have a Mac precisely because it DOES do stuff, does not crash, and I do not have to learn hardly anything because it is so intuitively easy. I am far from a fanatic, just a tech-numptie who loves the way that Macs just seem to work.

About the ony thing that I can't do well is play games, and I have better things to do with my life than that.
                      Mister Arse

Comment

Well I rest my case. Why is it that PC people just hate mac's and mac owners. I am not smug, I use both systems. I happen to prefer one over the other. In regards to the power of mac's and their capabilies, they are far from toys. The simple fact is that for many years macs have always been much more powerful than PC's. They can dance circles around PC's in terms or networking ease, in fact a simple network of a thousand or so mac's became the 3rd fastest super computer in the world for a fraction of the price the existing ones. Mac's where the first computer to be catagorized a super computer (gigaflop speed) available to the public. And that was two or three generations back. Mac's running final cut pro are becoming the industry standard for video production, at a fraction of the price of a PC based system. And is used by the BBC, CNN, UPN ect. There are currently over 550,000 users of this video system world wide and growing each month. Not to mention pro-tools in the music industry. Virtualy all music produced in the last decade use pro-tools running on mac's. Apple was involved in and the first to market with USB, and firewire. Any computer can surf the net, and crunch numbers. (by the way excel was first developed for mac) But when it comes to true heavy lifting and a superior scripting capabilty as well as reliabilty and low depreciation and longer useable life mac's win hands down.
                        There are lots of reasons for PC market share. When IBM had the hardware but no reasonable propriotry operating system, Bill Gates was there with DOS. Well actualy he bought it from the original programer for $50,000 (now that was a hell of a smart move). His dad, a very well positioned lawyer helped Bill get entre' to the IBM higher up's. Bill is a very smart guy and one hell of a poker player, and he sold IBM on "his" OS. I believe the number settled on was $50 per machine. And as far as most business' go no one ever got fired for buying IBM products. So this was the start of a huge installed base. I was living in Seattle at the time all this was going on, and I can recall at the time thinking, who would pay $4.25 a share for this kids company called microsoft. (duh   ) To be fair Steve Jobs is not saint either. Basicly he got his "idea" for use of the mouse and the icon based GUI from the parc labs at xerox. Xerox thought it was a dumb idea and abanoned it (bad move).
                        I am not religious about it, this is just a machine nothing more. And as with all machines I prefer to purchase one that is the best for the money.
                        Oh and in regards to watching people in stores. Yes it is fun to watch people try to figure out OSX too. How in just a matter of minutes they seen to just get it with very little input. The most difficult part for most of them is that they try too hard, thinking that they have to jump through hoops to get the computer to do what they want.
                        Yeah I will admit I love cruising electronic stores. I am forever looking for new gadgets. Currently looking at geting an HD tv and maybe a new surround system. Of course I also check out computers, video and digital cameras. You are right maybe I need to get a goldfish
                        I also take advatage of as many trade shows as I can get into. After all living in Vegas they all seem to come through. CES, NAB, SEMA oh and lets not forget the AVN and adultex shows. ect ect. "Can't we all just get along"

Comment

"Can't we all just get along"
                          Bollocks.......bunfights
                          Mister Arse

Comment

Mac's running final cut pro are becoming the industry standard for video production, at a fraction of the price of a PC based system. And is used by the BBC, CNN, UPN ect. There are currently over 550,000 users of this video system world wide and growing each month.
                            Hmmmmm, I wonder when all the content on THIS site will be produced on Macs, if it is not already??
                            Mister Arse

Comment

it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Working...
                              X