X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheesy Love Songs needed

I'm looking for really cheesy songs to put on a joke "mix CD" for a girl that I have a running gag with. This is based on a funny story about an ex-boyfriend giving her a pile of mix CD's. It's a funny story and I want to give her a laugh. the idea is the anticipation of skipping to each next track will result in a cackle from hearing each new and funny, weird, or obscure psuedo-serious proffessed love song.

Anything specifically about redheads, rollerderby or rollerskating, single moms would be good. Beyond that, I'm looking for ultimate cheese, or really obscure stuff.

The list so far includes things like:
    "I eat Cannibals"- Total Coelo
    "Afternoon Delight" - Starland vocal Band
    "Love child" - Diana ross
    "Baby Mama" - Fantasia
    "Skateaway" - Dire Straights
    "Time of my life - Dirty Dancing
    "Blue Dress" - Depeche Mode
    "Open Arms" - Journey

The occasional cheesy but kind of cool song that you may actually like would be a good break. Think something that would make the listener say "awwww" after several tracks of side splitting laughter - like the Beatles "And I love her".

Use your imagination and help out on my project. I can probably fit 20 songs on a Cd, and no reason I can't do two CD's.

BTW, random is OK. The key thing is that, as you listen to a mix CD someone has given you, you're always curious to see what the next song is going to be. Any song that for any reason would make someone crack up as each song finishes and goes tot he next one is good.

Comment

I just had a look through my Ipod, I don't have much soppy love stuff but here are a few suggestions :

The Cure - Friday I'm In Love
      The Cure - Six Different Ways
      Depeche Mode  - Somebody
      Eurythmics - Miracle of Love  
      Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should Have Come Over
      Jeff Buckley - Everybody Here Wants You
      INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
      Nick Cave - Into My Arms
      Pet Shop Boys - Heart
      Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover
      I don't get it, is this a magic show?

Comment

Cheese...

Reunited - Peaches & Herb!
        Grandad - Clive Dunn
        I'd love you to want me - Lobo
        I'm not in love - 10CC
        Love will keep us together - Captain & Tennille
        How 'bout us - Champaign
        All by myself - Eric Carmen
        Gaye - Clifford T Ward
        Last Christmas - Wham
        Seasons in the sun - Terry Jacks
        I just called to say... - Stevie Wonder

Oh my God there's loads of 'em!

Comment

all u need is to download the torrent "monster ballads" ..... lots of material for you there ...

Comment

Good sugestions so far!

Peaches and Herb! Captian and Tenille!

Those made me remember "Solid! (as a rock)" By Ashford and Simpson.
            I've also added:

"The Bad Touch" - Bloodhound Gang
            (you and me baby ain't nothin but mammals so lets do it like they do on the discovery channel)
            "Lets stay together" - Al Green
            "Loving, touchin, Squeezin" - Journey

I may throw in "One Night in Bangkok". I'm trying to remember really random and weird shit like that and "Cannibals". I thought the rap song "Similac Child" would be pretty funny, but I can't find the damn thing.

Oh BTW, some of the songs I really do love, like the Al Green, Beatles, Simon & Garfunkles "Cecilia", "My cherie Amour", "Bay I need your loving" - The four Tops etc.
            Suggestions of really super good classic like that are also appreciated.

Comment

If you leave me now - Chicago (One of my all time fave songs.)

Comment

Who loves you Pretty Baby - Frankie Valle & The Four Seasons. First heard it over the pacific on a PanAm 747 from Singapore to LAX 1977. Great song, brings back lots of memories like a lot of them always do. Funny how a song can take you back in time to a special place and time.

DANNO
                You no care me DIE !!!

Comment

"I love you, I honestly love you"

sung by Aussie, Olivia Newton John and written by that famous Aussie Peter "I go to Rio " Allen.

Comment

Mix Tape

There's a song called Mix Tape that might be appropriate. You can give it a listen it's track number 8.

By the way tracks 3 and 6 are great IMO.

Comment

Ohhhhhhhh,  she stompped and she swore and she farted on the FLoor.
                       The gas from her ass blew the cat out the door.
                      Ohhhhhhh,  the Moon shown bright on the nipple of her tit, and she brushed her tooth with canary shit.    
                      My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

Anything bon jovi, if thats not cheesy enough i don't know what is.

Comment

OK OK Jimmy Buffet Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw

DANNO
                          You no care me DIE !!!

Comment

Not sure if this was posted, but what about the Night At the Roxbury song, "What is Love?". I'm not sure if thats the exact title, but I'm fairly certain. That just oozes cheesey.
                            I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

I was going to say Jimmy Buffet too.

All the rest of that stuff - never heard of it.
                              Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Working...
                              X