X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Basketball

New entry into the Aussie league "Singapore Slingers" beat Adelaide 89-81 in Singapore last night.
    If succesfull the Aussie league hopes that other Asian countrys will join the league and make it a true Asian -Pacific league.

Maybe an American team will join and even make it into a real basketball league........

Comment

Agree... Them foreigners playing for the Americans are pretty good.

Comment

(man, I'm so witty and articulate sometimes I scare myself)

Comment

I don't believe that any of us from the USA can

say anything about "American Teams."

Clearly we ain't got one...
          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Sorry where did the USA finish in the last olympics and world championships?  
            That's right 3rd.
            I don't get it, is this a magic show?

Comment

and in the womens world cup, Australia beat Russia and are now the world champs

Comment

(andre459 @ Sep. 22 2006,08:55) Sorry where did the USA finish in the last olympics and world championships?  
                That's right 3rd.  
                Because our very best from the NBA couldn't care less about playing for their country. Too busy riding around in their Hummers with rap music blaring and doing a little coke. Or too busy playing for a country they haven't seen in twenty years and about which they really don't give a shit since their bread and butter is all American and that's were they actually live and raise their kids.

You can't seriously compare the kind of white-guy club basketball played in Australia with the standards of the NBA. You don't have to have a very high opinion of the people who play in the NBA as human beings, but they're unquestionably the best. NBA is as good as it gets. That's all there is to that.

Comment

(oldasiahand @ Sep. 24 2006,15:55)
                  (andre459 @ Sep. 22 2006,08:55) Sorry where did the USA finish in the last olympics and world championships?  
                  That's right 3rd.  
                  Because our very best from the NBA couldn't care less about playing for their country. Too busy riding around in their Hummers with rap music blaring and doing a little coke. Or too busy playing for a country they haven't seen in twenty years and about which they really don't give a shit since their bread and butter is all American and that's were they actually live and raise their kids.

You can't seriously compare the kind of white-guy club basketball played in Australia with the standards of the NBA. You don't have to have a very high opinion of the people who play in the NBA as human beings, but they're unquestionably the best. NBA is as good as it gets. That's all there is to that.
                  Typical we are the best attitude.  

I don't doubt that if the US put together their dream team that they would probably be unbeatable but you are dreaming if you think Australia do not have a team that can compete with the very best.

However fact is you did not not win at the last Olympics or World Championships so fact is you are not ranked number one. Should we call you the coodabeen champions  

Comment

I think we can safely rest our case

Comment

(ozzie @ Sep. 24 2006,12:00) I don't doubt that if the US put together their dream team that they would probably be unbeatable but you are dreaming if you think Australia do not have a team that can compete with the very best.

We just put together our "best" team and we were
                      beatable...

With all those multimillion dollar egos, there are not
                      enough balls to go around...

The game is still played with one ball...
                      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Working...
                      X