X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the thais

on my recent trip to bangkok i was amazed on how westernised the thais are becomming,but not for the best thay appear to be getting taller but sadley fatter!? 10 years ago in a day i would see maybe 2 or 3 fat thais ,now almost 1 in 10 is over weight which i can only put down to a western diet   in bangkok it appears manners are on the decline too ,queue jumping in tesco and the sky train was like being on the london underground with no one talking or looking at each other  dont get me wrong its still the best people in theworld but dont get too westernised!?    

I wish they'd bring Taco Bell back!

Yep - they are getting fatter and more self conscious too. On the BTS they have all logged off 'real life' (whatever that is!) in favour of their mobiles and iPods.

The once fashionable (snigger!) flared jeans are now a thing of the past as the Cosmopolitan magazine tells them what to wear.

But the balance is good... They still prefer 'shit on a stick' to KFC and they still can't be arsed to think farther into the future than their next intake of breath!

Comment

Interesting Post.

i was saying just the same thing a couple of days ago to some people back home.

I think the influence of MTV and other tv is having an influence over the younger Thais, and yes there are more fatties out there!!
      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Western diet, MTV, mass transportation - essentially the pitfalls of Western society, have invaded Thailand full force over the past few years. Just keep in mind that while Thailand seems to getting fat, the USA is getting fatter!
        I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Dam it......All of this of course, right after I discovered LOS.

I have not even landed yet and its falling apart

Hold on till Aug
          You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Don't worry Doc, I think the girls will be able to hold out til then. And keep in mind, fat in LOS doesn't even begin to equate to fat in the West lol.
            I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Jun. 18 2006,03:27)  Don't worry Doc, I think the girls will be able to hold out til then. And keep in mind, fat in LOS doesn't even begin to equate to fat in the West lol.  
              Actually you mean fat in the USA

Suoersize ME!!!

seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Working...
              X