X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to get suited up?

Well, in a few days I'll be leaving for LOS.

While in BKK, I figure I might as well pick up some new clothes as I hear there are tailers everywhere and one can pick-up a nice custom made suit - but haven't got a clue to where to go and need your help.

I know that the Majestic Suites have their own tailer shop next door, with suits going for a start of $500US. A friend from this forum made the suggestion of Perry's, but again the start price is around $500US. Bit too much for me - I could get a nice suit for that price right here.

Can anyone out there recommend another reputable place, or two, where I can get a custom-made suit made for a bit less?

As a side note - I've been reviewing the forums here for about 3 months now and picked-up a lot of details, info, tips and warnings. Thanks to one and all. Time for this newbie to get tested on all this new found knowledge and make my teachers proud.  

Clock is ticking at T-minus 4 days to go.

my guess is that cheaper prices can be found if you go off the beaten track.

friend of mine needed a new pair of pants for his suit and i brough his pants with me to pattaya. i found found that the indians were asking about 1200-1500 for a pair of pants that matched, but i found a small thai shop and they made the pants for 700.

i'm talking baht not dollars!

Comment

many thanks PD ... I'll have to do some hunting around the neighbourhood this weekend to find a place

Comment

Zeppo old mate $500.00 us way too much. When u arrive ask around and get a few quotes. I use a tailor in Pattaya. If u want his info pm me. good luck mate

Comment

Forget Thailand if you want a suit go to Guangzhou China, I just bought a kick ass suit for $25
          jeffreyscott

Comment

Originally posted by
            Majestic Suites have their own tailer shop next door, with suits going for a start of $500US. A friend from this forum made the suggestion of Perry's, but again the start price is around $500US. Bit too much for me - I could get a nice suit for that price right here.

Can anyone out there recommend another reputable place, or two, where I can get a custom-made suit made for a bit less?
            Tailor in Omni Towers is 4000 baht for suit. No idea if this is the quality you want, but I buy all my white shirts for work there for 10 bucks each and they are fine....lost of places around Sukhumvit, just go walking
            Mister Arse

Comment

Originally posted by (zeppo @ Feb. 12 2006,20:32)
              Plenty allover BKK, and most Asian cities.
              However, make sure of what you order and insist in selecting the accessories such as buttons, linings and interlining/s.
              Especially the latter, which is placed on the jacket front panels and in the collar, it is a course wowen-type raw fabric.
              Insist in seeing it and chose a heavy BUT SOFT type that doesn't crisp when touching it. Most tailors will give you a cheap stiff type that will make your suit look like a cement bag! Ask for good quality felt on the rear of the collar.
              Check the buttons quality and style. Ask for real slits on the cuffs and not the fake ones. A real tailor made suit has them!
              Check the lining, ask for good quality heavy nylon taffeta or medium weight acetate.
              These people make their money by trimming on the trimmings and giving you cheaper quality since most of the customers do not really check details.
              If you want to have shirts, insist on double needles everywhere and quality thick buttons. If you have a Ralph Lauren (or another nice quality) with you, give it to them to copy.
              Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Thanks gents ... and very good suggestions Looker - never did think of a few of your points, which are excellent. Hope you didn;t learn this from a bad experience.

T-minus 3 days to go

Comment

If I had 3 days to go before my trip to LOS, suits would be just about the last thing on my mind. Suits and pina coladas.
                  I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Originally posted by (zeppo @ Feb. 14 2006,06:00)
                    Thanks gents ... and very good suggestions Looker - never did think of a few of your points, which are excellent. Hope you didn;t learn this from a bad experience.
                    You're welcome!
                    Of course I learnt by my own experiences, although not that disastrous, but it's shame getting a 4-5000 baht suit being spoiled because of stupid 100-200 baht saved in accessories!
                    Negotiate the price first and then insist in selecting the accessories..not the other way around, otherwise they will jack up the price immediately if they only sniff out you know what you are talking about. Those are old smart dogs and they know how to take every bit of flesh out of a bone
                    Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Beethoven Sukhemvit Soi 26.
                      This is a "real" tailor shop, not a tourist trap.
                      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

thanks guys ... and don't worry DP ... I've got a many other things on my mind too  

Comment

Tailormade suits from LOS and you look like the Thais you're dealing with - do you really want that?? Believe me if it's only about to impress them, they're a lot more impressed if you're wear Armani than this Indian crap! Anyway, save your bucks for the REAL stuff!!!!!

MK
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

I have never worn a suit in Thailand
                            To god damn hot!

incher

Hey check out the panty suits

Comment

I have never worn a suit in Thailand
                              To god damn hot!

incher

Hey check out the panty suits Have a good time