X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thaksin

it looks like Thaksin(Thai p.m.)days are numbered?,coruption,taxes,muslims,dodgey deals!?  i just hope there is not a military coup again!?    

Thaksin is very popuar with the Thai people. They love the 30 baht medical scheme in Issan. Although I'm sure he's not to popular in the deep south.

One ladyboy told me that the opposition party paid her family 100 baht each for their vote. They took the money but then voted for the TRT candidate anyway.

Comment

A situation that could very ugly and out of hand very quick. Thaksin is a crook without a doubt, because of his incredible wealth he has been pretty much untouchable up to now. This latest scandel might be the one to finally bring him down. I hope that the King has a heart-to-heart with him in private and urges him for the good of the country to step aside. If he chooses to dig in for the long haul and tries to rally the poor people around him then it is going to get ugly and there is the real chance of serious violence. How this mess is going to play out will effect the tourist business in Bangkok as riots in the street are not much fun to work around.

Comment

..... a Thaksin free Thailand would be without a doubt to good to be true, but considering the very instable situation in the south - especially after the latest global radicalisation - the consequences of a period without a government capable of acting could be fatal.....

MK
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Working...
        X