X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best airline?

I'm talking about best seats, service, meals, fair and over all rating...
    American Airlines
    0%
    United Airlines
    0%
    Air France
    0%
    Virgin Atlantic
    0%
    British Airways
    0%
    Cathy Pacific
    0%
    Emirates
    0%
    KLM
    0%
    Thai Airlines
    0%
    Others
    0%

The service, food, & seat space on Thai is very good, but they lack in flight entertainment, no TV screen in the back of the chair, in this respect Singapore airlines is much better, but they do not fly direct to Bangkok from London.
    Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

I heard about Singapore Airlines, I wanted to add it to the poll but i reached the limit! Anyway, I heard good things about Singapore Airlines but never flew with them..

Comment

aeroflot has no facilities but is cheap and you have a good space for your feet, and if it is not high season you can 3 seats for yourself - and wake up fresh in bkk. if you are a diners card holder you can use their vip room at the airport in moscow and have free drinks and snacks.

Comment

Originally posted by (olekunde @ Dec. 17 2005,03:37)
          aeroflot has no facilities but is cheap and you have a good space for your feet, and if it is not high season you can 3 seats for yourself - and wake up fresh in bkk. if you are a diners card holder you can use their vip room at the airport in moscow and have free drinks and snacks.
          aeroflot? Don't they have like aging aircrafts that's why it's cheap. What's the safety record on aeroflot?

Comment

Um no Qantas? No Singapore ?

These 2 constantly appear in the top 5 airlines and they are not in your poll

Comment

For me only way is direct...EVA is very good ...They have new 777-300 and TV screen in the back of the chairs.

All the info. you need..
              http://www.airlinequality.com/main/Qlty-awds.htm
              So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Why is American on the list? I don't think they even fly to Bkk. Your poll on a forum like this should be only airlines that fly to Thailand.
                None of my choices are on there.
                Eva, Northwest, Korean have all been good choices for me for different reasons. Where I live, you can't beat NW for the itinerary.

Comment

Originally posted by (ozzie @ Dec. 17 2005,05:04)
                  Raymond, the idiot savant, portrayed by Dustin H in Rainman, votes for Quantas. I vote for Sing. Sing rocks.

Your Star Alliance miles are good on Sing. Their 18 non-stop from Spore to New York ios much better than Thai's non-stop from Bangkok.

If you have 60K Star Alliance miles you can fly:

USA to BKK
                  BKK to Bali
                  Bali to USA via Spore

all on one ticket.

Comment

Eva deluxe economy class from the left coast of the U.S. is the only way to go. An overnight flight, a short layover in Taiwan and then you arrive in Bangkok at 11:15 a.m. My airline of choice for the past four years and I have never been disappointed.

Comment

Last time i fly Thai , September 2005  , it was on one of their new Airbuses and it had all the mod cons , including screens on the back of seats , and a choice of about 60 movies and 100's of audio choices . Food and service was as always exceptional , the seats where very comfy and their was plenty of leg room .

Just a pity about the drunkard a few seats in front of me , that decided to throw up all over the brand new carpet and then pass out .

Comment

Originally posted by (PigDogg @ Dec. 17 2005,06:44)
                        Raymond, the idiot savant, portrayed by Dustin H in Rainman, votes for Quantas.BKK to Bali
                        Bali to USA via Spore

all on one ticket.    
                        Yeah he wanted to fly from Las Vegas to LA on Qantas  

PigDogg, Thai now runs a flight from JFK to BKK direct non stop 17 hours. Tickets about $1000usd

Comment

I took it this trip Bam. If you're flying coach do whatever u gotta do to get in row 44.

I believe four of the seats in 44 (by the emergency exit) might not get released till the day of the flight. Get to the airport super-early to snag those seats. Then u can get foot massages for 600 baht/hour while waiting. Not the 200 baht in Bangkok but better than the 2500 baht it'd cost back home.

Row 44 in the middle are excellent seats too, perhaps better than Economy Plus seats. In Pattaya, I told my travel agent I'd give her 500 baht if she could book into 44 and was able to do so five days in advance. But a traveller with an infant might be able to bump u from that seat. At the airport I then switched to 44 on the side by emergency exit. 44 bulkhead has much more leg room than the typical bulkhead.

At JFK, I was offered a Premium economy seat one way if I paid an extra 200 bucks. If you don't have row 44, or an empty seat next to you, it's something to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by (ozzie @ Dec. 17 2005,04:04)

These 2 constantly appear in the top 5 airlines and they are not in your poll    
                            I already explained why Singapore is not in my list, that's why you can choose "others".

Qantas? Never heard of it!!

Comment

Originally posted by (Lefty @ Dec. 17 2005,05:05)
                              Why is American on the list? I don't think they even fly to Bkk. Your poll on a forum like this should be only airlines that fly to Thailand.
                              No, not only to Thailand, whereever my friend. It's Asian-ts NOT Thai-ts. I'm sure most members fly elsewhere...

Comment

Working...
                              X