Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look Here - for info on all cameras
    Steve's Digicam

My new toy is the Sony DSC-T9, very nice, very very small. Great photos but has a bit of a red-eye problem with flash (as do most small cameras).

As for taking personal photos, I always ask the girl 'can I take your photo' and 'can I post on Internet' ? And I respect their wishes if they say no. Professionally I have them sign a model release form and make a copy/photo of their ID

For professional looking photos you need a professional setup, and that means a SLR (Canon or Nikon is best) and lighting.

That said, I'm happy with the T9 and look forward to taking some pix in Phuket soon.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I bought a Konica-minolta Dimage X1 because of the compactness. It's got 8MP (but never use it at that resolution).
      my opinion:
      Plus: Big LCD screen, easy to navigate menus and programs, size, weight, 3x optical zoom, built in "anti-shake"
      Minus: slow reaction time (I hate that), cannot switch off LCD display (battery drain), has a hard time focussing in poor light conditions, "anti-shake" is overrated
      My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by (rossi30 @ Jan. 05 2006,11:04)
        has a hard time focussing in poor light conditions
        Thats something you really got to watch out for since most digital cameras like light.... and we like dark bars and bedrooms. My old Coolpix 990 was a nice camera but had problems with focussing in low light.

Comment

Very true, and another reason to go for an SLR or a camera with the possibility to put on an external flashlight. I personally hate flashes, but sometimes, especially spontanous pics with girls, are impossible with a tripod.

MK
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Originally posted by (Snick @ Jan. 05 2006,01:17)
            Look Here - for info on all cameras
            Steve's Digicam

My new toy is the Sony DSC-T9, very nice, very very small. Great  photos but has a bit of a red-eye problem with flash (as do most small cameras).

As for taking personal photos, I always ask the girl 'can I take your photo' and 'can I post on Internet' ? And I respect their wishes if they say no. Professionally I have them sign a model release form and make a copy/photo of their ID

For professional looking photos you need a professional setup, and that means a SLR (Canon or Nikon is best) and lighting.

That said, I'm happy with the T9 and look forward to taking some pix in Phuket soon.
            As for RED EYES.
            Download 'Picasa' from Google; It's FREE and has a fantastic photo-program. You can dowload ALL your photos from your normal photoshop (at an incredible speed! it's done in a few minutes) and you can very easily make red eyes into normal.

Comment

Originally posted by (ziggystardust @ Jan. 02 2006,17:35)
              Note, technically, you should not be posting any photos of a girl unless she has signed a Model Release form (a paper that says you can do what u want with her photos). If u just post them on here, no one will get upset. If u want them to be used for commercial purposes, you must get the girls to sign off. This is photography 101.
              Can you post a link to download this form?....so anyone can print some and keep it in your room, just in case anyone wants to take a pic or 2...for posting it later on this forum.

Comment

If you like good photos, and you go out for take pictures, go for a DSL.

If you like to take pictures now and then, buy the smallest camera you find . If it`s to big you will not bring it with you.

All digital photos have to be edit to get the best result, but most don`t bother.......
                Do not marry a Thai girl.
                Use for 3 days only!

Comment

Working...
                X