• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing relevant but funny

http://www.daytondailynews.com/forum....dId=165

Lunatic of the day By Even_steven
    Game skills tested in chase
    Driver cites PlayStation, fear of jail in explaining dangerous bid for freedom, police say

By TIM O'BRIEN, Staff writer
    First published: Friday, August 12, 2005

TROY -- A suspect who led police on a high-speed chase through several towns told investigators he was afraid to go back to jail and he had become convinced by his skill at video games that he could outrun the law, according to police.
    Two girls who were in his car said they were terrified and yelled at him to stop before he finally slowed and ordered them to jump out, then sped off.

Advertisement

Tyrone D. McMillian, 33, of 112 Ida St., was driving his girlfriend's 11-year-old daughter and her 10-year-old cousin to cheerleading practice shortly after 6 p.m. Wednesday when police attempted to stop him on a parole warrant.

McMillian allegedly told police he saw an unmarked Crown Victoria behind him and believed he would be stopped for violating parole on a drug conviction.

"I started thinking I need to take the kids home because I knew I was going back to jail," he told Troy police Sgt. Joseph Centanni and Parole Officer Al Dwyer.

"I was crazy. I've been playing a lot of 'Grand Theft Auto' and 'NASCAR' on PlayStation," McMillian allegedly told Centanni. "I thought I could get away."

The 11-year-old told police: "During our trip, Mr. McMillian told me to tell my mother and brother that he loved them. I asked him what he was talking about, and he told me the police were after him."

Police said McMillian slammed the Ford Explorer into the patrol car driven by Officer Russell M. Coonradt, which struck a parked 1995 Saturn. The officer reportedly suffered severe pain to his neck, lower back and ribs and was treated at Samaritan Hospital.

McMillian drove onto Interstate 787 and got off at the 23rd Street exit in Watervliet, then slowed down. The two girls opened their doors and jumped out, police said.

"Before we could get away from the truck, the truck started moving," the 11-year-old told police. "The rear wheel was spinning out of control. I landed on the gravel near the rear wheel. I still had a hand grip on the door. When the car started moving, it began to drag me."

"I knew the police would pick them up," McMillian said in the statement.

He led officers through Green Island, Watervliet, Menands, Albany, Guilderland, Colonie and Rensselaer before hitting another Troy police car and a civilian's car in Defreestville, police said.

Watervliet, Green Island, Colonie and State Police all were involved in the chase.

McMillian is charged with three counts of first-degree reckless endangerment and one count of second-degree criminal mischief, both felonies; two counts of endangering the welfare of a child and one count of resisting arrest, all misdemeanors; and numerous traffic violations. He was arraigned Thursday before City Court Judge Christopher Maier and ordered held without bail in Rensselaer County jail. He is scheduled to be in court Monday for a hearing.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Working...
X