X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durians and mangosteens

Does anyone know when is the best time to find them available in Thailand or are they to be had about any time?

the fruits are available all year,but durian is best may-august and mangosteen may-september.  i must get out more      

Comment

thanks a bunch. could still be some available next month, just not the prime time for them. some think durians are an aphrodisiac. not sure i think that, but i do like the taste. mangosteens are said to be as high for health benefits of any food you can eat. full of antioxidants.

Comment

Prime Mangosteen season just ended, it was great you could get 2 kilos for 30 baht. I was eating 'em every day.

You can still find Durian, but Mangosteens are scarce right now. There is a big fruit market next to chatuuchaak weekend market if you want to be very adventurous.

os. Watch out for Durian and Alchahol - they don't mix not sure why but I have been warned many times about drinking and eating Durian.
        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Hi, I am a new member here and just searching the board.

I have been several times in Asia and during the first tours I did not know that durian should not be mixed with alcohol. A whole durian was too much for me and so I ate it and drank some brandy and ate more and drank some brandy.

Any results ? No, I am still alive

Comment

Nice article about the durian fruit!
            Attached Files

Comment

Where can I get one of those t shirts Stogie?

Comment

Working...
              X