X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soulfly live!

My favorite metal band from Brazil hits The Axis in Boston in 2 weeks!!

Got my ticket, can't wait!!

Hardcore Brazillian heavy metal invades Boston!

I know, I am probably getting too old for this garbage but where is it written that we have to mellow out as we get older?

It has been a long time coming since SOULFLY last toured the US with Slayer in the Fall of 2002.

Awarded Gold records eighteen times world wide , SOULFLY leader Max Cavalera, one of the most socially aware musicians, has just toured with SOULFLY in some countries where international bands have never toured before. In the past, Max performed with David Bowie, Peter Gabriel, Sting, Aerosmith, Robert Plant and has done numerous tours on Ozzfest. Max is an icon in the heavy music World Metal genre. SOULFLY is actually the first international band to set up a merchandising deal in Russia and with a Russian Company.

On the recent European tour, fans were nervous and excited over the sheer raw power of SOULFLY's performances. Whether they could speak English or not the fans didn't miss singing one word of the lyrics to SOULFLY's songs; and the tornading pits never slowed.

"This tour brings back memories of the fans anticipation and reminds me of when I had experienced another first-time-rock-concert in Indonesia, inJakarta and Surabaya, (Sepultura, from Brazil -Max's first band -had actually gone there one year before Metallica,) "we performed for 40,000 fans each show- 100% craziness. We had been the first rock/metal show ever there."

The band played for hundreds of thousands of fans on the recent European tour. Never ending fans, fans and more fans, and then press, press and even more press! This tour was rich in culture and history too.

SOULFLY performed in Sports Stadiums, Hockey Arenas and Ballet Theaters. Each performance was not only sold-out but in most cases over-sold.

As previously reported, SOULFLY have selected the track "Carved Inside" as the first single from "Dark Ages". A video for the song, described as "dark" and full of "fire," was filmed at a 700-year-old fortress on the shores of the Danube river in Serbia.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X