X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a house in thailand

for a while  now i have thought about buying a second home in los.but i have been told farangs can not buy land and so can not buy houses,only condos,flats and apartments are allowed? is it true a way around the law is to set up a company in thailand,and then you can buy a house and land? Daz.

Yes get married to a Thai Chick

Comment

All of your questions about owning property in your name alone can and will be answered by just going to the ThaiVisa.com website. I have used this site and the information that I got has proved to be invaluable. No need to follow that above bogus advice, you do not have to marry a Thai person there are two other ways. Just go to the website and knowledge shall be yours.

Comment

You are right about Thai Visa great resource for that sort of thing.

Pogue I think you need to realise that Bam is only having a joke    

Comment

Originally posted by (PogueMahone @ Oct. 11 2005,08:05)
           No need to follow that above bogus advice....
          Yes I was being way too bogus dude..... I ment to say "marry a Thai Ladyboy"

Comment

Silly me then, I just assume that when someone asks for good advice about a decision that does and will have real world consequences that their request will be answered in a serious fashion and not some flip and "off the cuff" reply. Case in point, see just above.

Comment

Bam was way off. I'm disappointed too Pogue. He should have said marry a LB, then go to ThaiVisa.com.

Comment

You can only buy it via a company you open there! Please make sure to get a reliable lawyer - he'll help you through all that paperwork, which's a lot!

MK
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Originally posted by (PogueMahone @ Oct. 12 2005,00:48)
                  flip and "off the cuff" reply
                  Sorry for another flip and "off the cuff" reply but what I said about marrage to a ladyboy might just work... see below.

Once a Thai woman is legally married to a foreigner she loses her entitlement to thereafter buy property in her own name. Check it out; you will find that this is the position.

Once a Thai man marries a foreigner he does not lose the right. Although this discrimination is obviously contrary to the Constitution, the law nevertheless remains.

Comment

Allstar

My advice to you would be,,rent or lease a house 1 year with options. Get the feel of it before you commit. and DO NOT put it in a thai name...
                    To me its a waste of income, buy yourself an apartment in a complex or highrise and have an agent rent it whilst your not there.

Too many things to consider when buying real estate o/seas.

BK

Comment

Working...
                    X