Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Sep. 08 2005,16:31)
    Originally posted by
    I don't think they can compete with European and South American teams yet...but the futur is bright for USA team...
    I humbly disagree. They have proven time and time again that they CAN compete with the (so called) big boys!

Let's face it they are the only time to have even qualified for the world cup in their area of the world!

Northern Ireland 1 - England 0... how fucking sad is that!  
    Stogie... The best way for them to prove they are strong is in the WC. Lets see next year...

Comment

Originally posted by (ozzie @ Sep. 08 2005,19:14)
      Firstly I think soccer is boring and yes I have played and yes I understand it. I think a good spectator sport is one where you do not have to actually completely understand the game to enjoy watching. Having said that soccer is not rocket science so not sure what there is to understand?

Comparing sports is just pointless really as it is a case of apples and oranges. I appreciate the skill involved in a game like soccer but still find it boring.

When you say the most popular sport in the world I assume you mean outside the bedroom right?

So you mean by number of people playing or by people watching? If watching then do you mean live audience or TV.

I read somewhere that Volleyball actually has the most participants of any sport in the the world and Formula 1 has the largest television audience.

Ozzie, I'm not gonna start this argue here again, It's not enough to understand or play the game to like it!! I do play basketball, volleyball, rugby and other sports but I do find them boring comparing to football! I grow up with football, I appreciate every single move and turn done by a feet of a good player, it's very skillful sport that require running for a 90 min. Things you might understand! And no, football is A. played, B. watched more than any other sport on this planet..

Now you find football is boring, fine with me...

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by (Scorpio @ Sep. 09 2005,02:52)
        Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Sep. 08 2005,16:31)
        Originally posted by
        I don't think they can compete with European and South American teams yet...but the futur is bright for USA team...
        I humbly disagree. They have proven time and time again that they CAN compete with the (so called) big boys!

Let's face it they are the only time to have even qualified for the world cup in their area of the world!

Northern Ireland 1 - England 0... how fucking sad is that!  
        Stogie... The best way for them to prove they are strong  is in the WC.  Lets see next year...
        They are rated 6 in the world by FIFA (ABOVE England) and they consistantly qualify for the world cup each time. They'll do fine next year!

Comment

Originally posted by
          Ozzie, I'm not gonna start this argue here again, It's not enough to understand or play the game to like it!! I do play basketball, volleyball, rugby and other sports but I do find them boring comparing to football! I grow up with football, I appreciate every single move and turn done by a feet of a good player, it's very skillful sport that require running for a 90 min. Things you might understand! And no, football is A. played, B. watched more than any other sport on this planet..

Now you find football is boring, fine with me...

Regards
          How old in your prevoius post you said if you find it boring you probably do not understand it or have never played. I said that I still finds it boring even though I have played it and do understand it, but now this is not enough to make a call?. I must add that I don't mind playing it, it is the watching I find boring.

If you read my post I did actually say I find it a skilfull game.

Lets se esoccer running for 90 minutes on a rectangular pitch which is 100-130 yards x 50-100 yards, yes of course you need to be reasonably fit to do that.

Australian Rules Football running for 120+ minutes on an oval ground which can be up to 180m x 140m. Surely you would agree you would have to be a little fitter to do that? I am not going to get into an argument about skill because I said before they are different games with a different ball.

Comment

World Cup, is that Hockey ?..

My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

n.ireland.1.v.o.england sack the swede usa have a good team ,as proven in the last world cup .England should get a bye to the finals as we invented the beautiful game   Daz.

Comment

Originally posted by (Scorpio @ Sep. 09 2005,03:07)
                I appreciate every single move and turn done by a feet of a good player
                Its subjective thats for sure. Football is indeed a game of high skill and is not boring if you talk to the zillions of fans. Including me.

What is appreciated by most is that the currency of a goal in soccer is higher than say a score in another sport because its hard work and more skill is needed. Small scorelines are expected in Soccer many games .

Like in Formula one theres not many overtaking moves so the currency of a move when it happens in F1 is high . Fans are more sophisticated than people realise and thats the nub of it.

The sooner they get rid of the fucking Turnip head in charge of England the better.

TC

Comment

Originally posted by
                  Fans are more sophisticated than people realise and thats the nub of it.
                  That was a joke, right??

Football supporters - scum of the earth

Football players - the ladyboys of the sporting world

Give me a contact sport anyday like rugby, ozzie rules...even American football....where the pitch is not full of cheating, diving, lowlife, trying to get their fellow professionals sent off!!

And yes I played the "beautiful game" (ha ha) for years.....
                  Mister Arse

Comment

Bring back the virtual pub!!!
                    Mister Arse

Comment

You got it, big fella!

Comment

Here are the latest FIFA rankings...

I'm beginning to wonder how they get to these results. How the fuck is Mexico in the top ten still?

Oh well - Scotland are still in the top 100. (74)

Come to think of it, though... so are Thailand!
                        Attached Files

Comment

thanks stogie....and u are right the news has not been too good here........good on u

Comment

Congratz but i am hoping for Columbia to qualify, want to see some of the hot Columbian chicks around here (I don't like the Brazilians to much)

Comment

congrats. to England qualifying for 2006 world cup   after a fine win 1-0 over Austria(and a little help from Holland) hard luck Scotland,Wales,N.Ireland   Daz.

Comment

I don't know shit about soccer but the DJ Otzi's Hey Baby (World Cup Remix) rules! Just listening to it makes me wanna be a hooligan!

Comment

Working...
                                X