X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home sweet home

ahhh, nothing like living in the most expensive area  in America....  I am now away from the city but this place is way too pricey also......  I would think somewhere cool with good weather would be the most expensive city, maybe Marina Del Ray or  South Beach Miami or  Phoenix, San Francisco, etc...... but nooooo, this rat-trap city with 400 year old buildings and mind-numbing traffic and sucky weather takes the top prize.

Congrats to "The Hub of the Universe"

Boston now most expensive city in the USA

Conversely; the rent for my modest townhouse is $85 a month or just under $1,000 A YEAR!

And just to piss you off more here are my monthly utility bills...

Electric... (this is the big one!) $50 about!
    Lady who cleans, launders and organizes my domestic comfort! $50
    Trash collection... 75 cents a month.
    Water supply... $2 a month.
    2.5 MBs DSL access - $30 a month. (I'm being robbed, I know!)
    Mobile charges - between 3 and 8 cents a minute anywhere in the world, NO contract!

So for those of you who live in Boston I say CHEERS!

Comment

My monthly bills here are well over 3K per month; and I have it good compared to others.

at least I have no commute

Comment

Originally posted by (JaiDee @ Sep. 08 2005,23:35)
        ...at least I have no commute  
        Ah! Well, there you have me. That four dollar cab ride to the office is a bitch!

Your monthly bills would pay my rent for 3 fucking years!

BTW - when do you plan to go to Chiang Mai? I need to arrange to be sick at work so I can come too!

Comment

By all means, I will give you warning, don't you worry mate

you can be the fluffer

Comment

I don't know what a fluffer is. Must be one of those things you picked up in prison, and I don't fancy it either!

Comment

Try living in London in rip off Britain !!! I can't fart without the fucking taxman billing me for the convenience !

First time ever Fuel charges now top 1 sterling/litre !
              Home Gas charges up by an extra 200
              Council Tax for Trash removal 200/month +
              30 pound surcharge on longhaul - that's it pal the last sodding straw - I'm emigrating once I rob a bank or 3 !

And you thought you had problems Jaidee !

PS Where's my Avatar Stogie ? Knew you'd forget coz you hate me - you not care I die na ?

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Sep. 09 2005,00:31)
                2.5 MBs DSL access - $30 a month. (I'm being robbed, I know!)
                cab to the office, you're living large...subway for me!

Stogie, Is your connection is fast and reliable enough to play internet poker?

Is that same speed access available in Pattaya and Samui?

Comment

Where do u get 2.5MB DSL? Didn't know it exists here?

But Stogie, you must admit, it's not all roses here. Just the other day I went out with the twin and 2 of her friends, and when I was giving the twin taxi money, I gave her 100 baht, then was about to give her another 100 and she pushed it back to me saying no need. I mean, I lost 100 baht for a taxi and night with a beautiful LB. What a rip-off!

Also, last night at Cassanova I bought a dozen roses off a guy for $3.50, when only the week before I bought a dozen for $3. This place is going to hell with these exhobitant prices.

Comment

Ya, that taxi ride all the way in from the airport to nana for 300 baht [8 dollars] is a killer also, I know. here or in New York that same ride would be 50 easy.

Comment

Originally posted by (PigDogg @ Sep. 09 2005,06:07)
                      Stogie, Is your connection is fast and reliable enough to play internet poker?

Is that same speed access available in Pattaya and Samui?
                      4MBs is available for a little extra, but I don't need it.

The service is consistant and reliable.

Fast internet access is now available all over Pattaya but the packages vary so shop around.

I don't know about Samui.

Comment

My latest idea is trying to get good enough enough at internet poker to support myself in the LOS.

Does the government block poker suites or just sex sites?

Comment

Originally posted by (indefatigable @ Sep. 09 2005,04:44)
                          I'm emigrating once I rob a bank or 3 !
                          World Cup, Germany 2005, Munich , BundesBank, traffic chaos,

remember Brick...
                          "your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off"

Comment

It sounds like a paradise there! But is it safe? do you ever feel threatened by local government or police? Are they friendly towards americans or english?
                            I was also wondering if they were into golfing over there? I hit the ball well over 300 yards straight and perhaps could work as an intstructor..asians love golf!

Comment

Golf is excellent here, and, guess what? Cheap! I can't say Thais are into golf, because even though it's cheap, it's beyond the cost for most people who are paid very poorly. They recently opened the most modern driving range in the world, where you play a game and it shows you your shots on a screen (just saw it in newspaper, haven't actually been there yet).

It is safe on the streets. I've never felt threatened, but it's fairly well known, except maybe in a very, very touristy spot like Phuket, that police will side with the Thai person in a nasty situation; but, just don't get in to a nasty situation. The government is pathetic, but it is somewhat irrelevant to most of us except to read about stupid new rules, like trying to close the bars at midnight, or asking under 18s to curfew after 10pm, or suggesting to stop TV after midnight to save energy.

Comment

Working...
                              X