Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on this shambles the opening ceremony for the 2012 Olympics should be one for the history books      
    brass band,london black cab,double decker bus,arty farty ethnic dancing,queen,fireworks    

Comment

(pentire @ Mar. 29 2008,20:37) I would just like to know why the guys who designed, built and then fitted out both Heathrow's new T5 and Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi could not have consulted with the people who produced Singapore's magnificent Changi airport.
      That place sets a magnificent standard, three hour lay overs there are almost a pleasure
      as airports go, the terminal in Detroit {??} which Northwest built just for them is one of the nicest places I have seen ....as Pentire says, spending 3 hours at such a place is no problems at all.

Most airports blow..... air travel in general sucks so bad it really sucks going anywhere these days.
      Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
      -Dennis Miller

Comment

(allstar88 @ Mar. 29 2008,20:56) Based on this shambles the opening ceremony for the 2012 Olympics should be one for the history books      

funny

hopefully by then this mess will be cleared up!

and still, all in all better than Beijing [one hopes!]
        Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
        -Dennis Miller

Comment

Latest news is that BBC reporters and cameras have been banned from entering T5. Clearly a reaction to their hysterical reporting.

Changi airport was designed by a UK company as was Hong Kong airport.

Alot of the workers at Heathrow are Asian because they live in the local communities of Hounslow and Southall. Most are Hindus and Sikhs not Muslims.

Comment

Singapore works for the simple reason that Singapore Inc. wont accept anything less - there is nowhere else in the world that runs a more efficient aiport. And I say that as someone who has a) lived in Singapore and b) been through virtually every airport in the world.

Singapore has set out its stall as the most efficient airport in the world - and it works - land, get off plane and through immigration with baggage and into arrivals hall in an average of some 20-25 minutes - nobody comes close to that incl. HKG.

Cheers
            Mardhi

Comment

By the way, you can say what you like about the "Singapore regime" but for business, it works all the time.

Cheers
              Mardhi

Comment

I guess it doesnt take Nostradamus to predict that Naomi Campbell would lose her cool going thru Terminal 5 now does it .

Altho still funny , the Black Panther pounces again .
                Attached Files

Comment

They are using the similar conveying sistem at T5 for the baggage ,that I deal with (DPS-EPS)I tell you what..they are in big shit...
                  So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

What i do not understand is why anyone would be stupid enough to book with BA.....you deserve all you get if you book with those cunts

Lets hope they go bust ASAP...

Comment

(69billy @ Apr. 05 2008,00:44) They are using the similar conveying sistem at T5 for the baggage ,that I deal with (DPS-EPS)I tell you what..they are in big shit...
                      yes and Alstec who did terminal 1 and 2 are laughing all the way to the bank

as for the olympic shambles the stadium will be complete late 2014 going by previous stadium builds (wembley)

civil engineers and architectural technicians i know don't want anything to do with the olympics

it will probably be designed offshore some where cheap and built by the poles and other cheap east european labour

and be about £10b over budget !!!!

Comment

(mardhi @ Mar. 30 2008,03:33) Singapore works for the simple reason that Singapore Inc. wont accept anything less - there is nowhere else in the world that runs a more efficient aiport. And I say that as someone who has a) lived in Singapore and b) been through virtually every airport in the world.

Singapore has set out its stall as the most efficient airport in the world - and it works - land, get off plane and through immigration with baggage and into arrivals hall in an average of some 20-25 minutes - nobody comes close to that incl. HKG.

Cheers
                        Mardhi
                        i kinda agree, got off a plane in Singapore this afternoon, was straight through customs and in a taxi within 20 minutes immigration only had q's 5 people deep.

Hong Kong is also good, within 20-25 minutes i can usually be off the plane and waiting for the train, helps that i can use the biometric ID card rather than having to q for immigration though, sometimes the q's do build up.

Thailand - sorry but i preferred the old airport the new one is too cold, lacks seats, too far to walk from gates, a few weeks ago on my last visit the immigration q's were crazy and took nearly an hour people were q'ing down to the duty free shop on the corner.

UK Airports - all shit but then i can put up with it once every 18 months!!

Comment

Working...
                        X