Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how this guy saw it but we once returned to pay a taxi driver the correct fare after he couldnt break a note. The decent bloke had initially waved us away saying no problem and when we returned and insisted on coughing up the 30bht, he honestly looked at us as if we were completely insane....

Comment

(JaiDee @ Jul. 17 2008,04:28) check this shit out;

when I was a working slave back in about 1995 or so, doing 12-14 hour days for the man and making barely enough to keep up with my bills, I had a vacation coming up.   I opened my check and the computer at the home office had made a mistake and gave me an extra zero; rather than paying me for 40 hours, they paid me for 400!

Let 'em know about that little fuck - up?

yeah, right      

I cashed it, deserved every cent by the way, kept it, and never heard a thing about it
      A stroke of good luck that, fair play to you , I'd do the same in those circumstances
      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

In my first teaching job in Manhattan, they added an extra zero to my contract, so I was promised $102,000 USD/year.

Unfortunately, they only gave me the $10,200 that I'd agreed to.

I've seen MANY billing errors in LoS- strangely, they've ALL been in the other guy's favor.
        "The Ladyboy Collection- start yours today!"

Comment

Finally happened to me last night in my favorite Jomtien hangout. I paid 500 and got back 680 in change. Didn't even have to think about it and instantly told the girl there was a mistake and gave back the extra 500 baht.

I'm not saying I would be as honest in a Nana shitpit (though doubt I'd ever get undercharged there)but I gotta do the right thing at a place that treats me well.

Comment

It happened to me in Pattaya in the big electronics store. I bought a video camera and they undercharge my card by 10,000 baht. I did not notice until I got back to the UK. I then got another 10,000 charge on my Amex to cover it. Not sure how they did it with no signature or PIN number.

Comment

I think they need to build a Wal Mart aka Wally World store in LOS and then see if you all feel the same about notifying them of giving back too much change. Then again it would be the associates not really the stores fault anyhow, so I guess my thought is indeed moot.

I left my check book at home one day, had limited amount of cash on me and no credit card either. I was 3 cents short of having sufficient $$$ to pay at checkout. Checkout girl told me Tough Luck..............either come up with the 3 cents or move aside for the other customers in line. A person behind me offered me the money and I told htem that was ok and I appredciated it, and left. Just the other day I was in Wally World to get a single item. I had previously returned a like item which cost a few cents less, and was now at the checkout with this new item. I handed the clerk an amount of money that was 3 cents over the total price. (needed 2 cents and I had no pennies so I gave her 5 cents.) She handed me the receipt, and shut the cashreg drawer, and started to ring up the person behind me. I stood there and asked where is my change..........dumbass stood there with a lost look on her face. She said you gave me the exact change I said I did not. You owe me change. This clerk did not have a clue how much change she owed me. I said in that case them I suggest you call a manager and have them count your drawer and whats extra belongs to me. She got an even stranger look and asked me if I could just remember how much I had handed her. So with this premise its ok for me to remember and ok for them not to pay attention to what they are doing. I told her she needed ot get a clue and pay attention to her job, but she owed me two cents. She had a hissy fit. She said your complaining over two lousy cents? I replied, yep, you all refused me when I was three cents short a few weeks back, so why should I let you pocket my pennies. Call me what you want. Places such as big box stores if I get it for less than the listed price GREAT, if they give me more change than I should get, thats SUPER, and if I get shorted, I am holding my ground as I never ever any more move away until I check my receipt as well as check it when items are rung up, and have correct change in my hand. In the states or at least in Florida, you only have otppay what is listed on the price tag or shelf, and if thte register rings it up higher, they are wrong and have to let you have it for the lower price. Its a matter of employees not doing their job when prices are not inline on the item and the tag and shelf as well as what scans. Thats what they are paid for.

Comment

(kathylc @ Sep. 10 2008,23:30) In the states or at least in Florida, you only have to pay what is listed on the price tag or shelf, and if the register rings it up higher, they are wrong and have to let you have it for the lower price.
                That's roughly how it works in the UK - though if an item is 'obviously' wrongly priced ie. £10 instead of £100 then it's not the case.

A friend of mine used to live in a very small town far away from any large cities.
                He would come and stay with me for a few days and would often pick up a large ticket item from my local city to take home.

One time he went looking for a video recorder when they still cost serious money.
                He found what he was looking for in a medium/large department store but there was no price tag on it or the stand.
                He arrived at the till with goods in hand and declared that;- 'As there was no price it was obviously free!'
                This caused something close to panic in the shop!

I can still picture the scene now!

RR.
                Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                Kahuna

Comment

Working...
                X