Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(bumblebee @ Jul. 05 2008,23:09) Interesting there are so many Irish guys on the forum, but as I write Ireland does not have any votes, looks like we are all happy, horny wanderers
    I actually voted for Ireland - I've always intended to settle at home (miss my family when I'm away for too long)

I have gotten a bit spoiled weather-wise with all the travelling I've done so the retirement plan is to winter in the south of France where I have a villa

Would never consider settling in Thailand - although I might be persuaded sometime to do 6 months - 1 year there for work
    No honey, no money!!

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 06 2008,14:52) My choice isn't there...
      But if I had to choose, it would be San Diego, USA...
      Hawaii is/was my first choice or so I thought...And San Diego/South Orange County my second...BUT...I'm in Hawaii now and growing more and more disenchanted by the day...So off to San Juan Capistrano next week...Where the water is greener...
      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

That's interesting.
        I posted a similar thread sometime ago, but without the polling option, about where to go and waiting for my six wooden planks new home  
        Some of you replied with options and I've been visited a few websites suggesting possibilities like Panama, Argentina, Costa Rica, Thailand (of course) and so on..
        The whole thing creates more and more confusion in my small brain  
        So, I voted France because it's what I see closer to the Mediter ambiance and I've never been to  

Was reading about Sir Kahuna disenchantement about Hawaii...that would be interesting to know, if not too of a personal issue, why he chose that place first and based upon what, and now not finding what he needs/wants.  
        Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

I guess I am lucky to live in such a wonderful city in the USA but if I had to pick a place, definately Singapore. Its actually beyond first world and blows away the USA in so many ways. Its also a short plane ride to just about anywhere in Asia and the main hub of discount airlines. Best airport in the world IMHO. Can fly a short trip to Jakarta or Phils for GG's or a 3 hour flight to THailand for LB's. Also a pretty good p4p scene in Geylang, OT and Rowell and some of the best food in the world.
          brock landers

Comment

Singapore to Bangkok is 2 hours & $250SING return.

Easy enough to fly up every weekend ..... some lucky bastards do just that

Singapore would be my pick if I could afford to do it comfortably, otherwise it has to be Thailand, anywhere in Ladyboy Towers .....

it's nice to choose your neighbours
            Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

I have said that about Singapore many times before - I was moved to Thailand from Singapore by my employer and if I had my time again, I would have said no - staying in Singapore. There is no comparison between the two places as far as efficiency and infrastucture are concerned. Singapore, despite its faults is probably one of the best places to live in the world all things considered - however you cant easily get by unless your on a good earning ability - its not cheap but its also not as expensive as many perceive.

Cheers
              Mardhi

Comment

(kahuna @ Jul. 06 2008,17:25)
                (stogie bear @ Jul. 06 2008,14:52) My choice isn't there...
                But if I had to choose, it would be San Diego, USA...
                Hawaii is/was my first choice or so I thought...And San Diego/South Orange County my second...BUT...I'm in Hawaii now and growing more and more disenchanted by the day...So off to San Juan Capistrano next week...Where the water is greener...
                Yeah, Orange county is nice, try LaJolla, Del Mar, Solana Beach, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff by the sea area. Can´t imagine they are more pricy than Hawaii.

San Diego is great, but they are building L.A. and San Diego into one.

As for Singapore....i can´t understand how anyone would like to live there. probably spent too little time there, but it´s one of the less attractive places (3rd world countries aside), i´ve been to.
                "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

Am wondering if there's cheap monthly lodging on a beautiful beach elsewhere in Thailand? If I could pay the same as Pattaya, around 10K for a very nice western room, but be in tropical paradise that would be intriguing. It does not have to be near a P4P scene.

Any ideas?

Comment

Little town of Sagres in Portugal was my quietest and
                    most relaxing vacation place in 35+ years of travel.
                    nothing remarkable about it, fine and inexpensive food, small beach, vry much the old time/town feel about it,
                    if it had been in the cards would have definitely been there the last 12 years
                    Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jul. 07 2008,04:00) Am wondering if there's cheap monthly lodging on a beautiful beach elsewhere in Thailand?  If I could pay the same as Pattaya, around 10K for a very nice western room, but be in tropical paradise that would be intriguing.  It does not have to be near a P4P scene.    

Any ideas?        
                      Pattaya getting to you , ey?
                      "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

Still liking it but just thinking if my same same room at the same same price was on a secluded beach it'd be kinda nice.

I didn't realize that Pattaya existed 10 years so maybe there's another paradise out there that I'm unaware of.

Comment

Blimey, PD... You keep worse hours than ME!

Comment

Nov-March.....Thailand
                            With some of February in Australia
                            March-November....England
                            With some of September in Spain

That's my travel formula for a contented life these days & =

Comment

Not on thre list but I like Spain, on the coast. Great climate, nice people great food. If I was to live in asia I think it would be Vietnam. My dad was there in the service and said if they could clean the place up and stop the war it would be a tropical paradise......My one brother has been there on a humanity trip. The pics I have seen and what I have heard about it just sounds alluring to me. I have two Vietnamese friends who were just young kids when they fled the country and their parents have some great good stories of their former town (Vung Tau is one place and Pleiku is the other plus I love Vietnamese food.

Comment

Singapore gets my vote, even though I've yet to visit. A few friends have and I've heard nothing but positives. It would make a pleasant change to visit somewhere so clean...and without chewing gum stuck to all the pavements !
                                You men eat your dinner, eat your pork and beans
                                I eat more chicken, than any man ever seen, yeah, yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X