Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(stogie bear @ Jul. 16 2008,17:27) I confess I have also picked up the annoying habit of saying "Ooooooy!" as a whiny exclamation when something unexpected or annoying happens!
    Tell me about it Stogie, I use that expression probaly about 90% of the time now back in the UK when something  "gets my goat" in my Pub but I suppose its better than letting loose with "Fuckin Hell" " Twat"etc and the punters are non the "wiser" and after a "count of ten" I've "calmed down" anyway

Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

My girl always says Film instead of Movie now  but we had a difference of opinion today when discussing which Hotel to stay at in Lampang on my next trip. ( defo not staying at the same one as last time   )
      I said I wanted a Pool so I could relax in the day but she thought I wanted to "play" Pool ( i.e. like the Guess Bar)    but we got it sorted in the end.
      Yes the English language can be difficult at times  
      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

what I can do?
        No honey, no money!!

Comment

Me best say noting when we talk of english........
          Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

I acutally dig on the broken English.

Example;
            If there was an absoulute perfect 10 of an Asian girl who spoke perfect English, I would select the
            perfect 8 of an Asian girl who has her Heavy Native Tougne. (all pun intended.)

Me Lub U Long Time Fregg'n ROCKS !
            My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

pai due mai
              just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Couple of years back took a GG long time(2 weeks), who had very good english, but the problem was me, after trying to explain that my hearing is not 100%, this she could not grasp.

The result was, she would become upset, because she thought i could not understand her, hence her losing a little face, a couple of times this was mentioned, that she thought , that i thought her english was no good.
                Tried to explain that i have a little nerve damage in both ears, and can hear most of the time, but find it difficult, now and then, with certain peoples tones, or very large groups.

Of course this fell on deaf ears.................

Yon no like,english no good go loom sleep no boom boom....................
                i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 17 2008,05:27) When talking to strangers I keep it simple and on their wavelength but most of the time I speak correct English but a lot slower and I repeat myself fairly often, so it's clear and understood and hopefully partially retained in memory!
                  I appreciate this from your side   , and should be practiced by all mother tongue speakers when talking to someone who is struggling to communicate in that specific language, be it English or any other.

Having a (limited) experience in foreign language teaching in Italian and Spanish languages to Asian students and using English and teaching media I understood the importance of clarity, and most of my students greatly appreciated my efforts.    

Although my standard of understanding spoken English is, I think, quite OK it still does pisses me off when meeting English mother tongue speakers who are not using an ounce of effort to be understood.  
                  Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

(Snick @ Jul. 17 2008,01:20) You start saying things like "me go Fortune"...
                    I thought that was how you talked normally.

I was working once with a guy who was married to a German girl.

She taught English on a US Airforce base in Germany. Her English was absolutely perfect - grammar and pronunciation.
                    So perfect it had absolutely no character - it was a bit like listening to an English text book.

RR.
                    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                    Kahuna

Comment

I only correct English if it's one on one in case they lose face in a group.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 16 2008,21:27) ... I confess I have also picked up the annoying habit of saying "Ooooooy!" as a whiny exclamation when something unexpected or annoying happens!

When talking to strangers I keep it simple and on their wavelength but most of the time I speak correct English but a lot slower and I repeat myself fairly often, so it's clear and understood and hopefully partially retained in memory!
                        All this time I thought you were just reverting to your Jewish heritage when I'd hear you say "Oy!"

Your second point may work for you, but, as an American, I find it useful to speak L O U D L Y and S L O W L Y. If they are still too stupid to understand, just up the volume, lower the pace and leave out all prepositions.

Works especially well in department stores and at Immigration. Try it- you'll be amazed at the response!
                        "The Ladyboy Collection- start yours today!"

Comment

Working...
                        X