First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The British Open Golf

Anybody following The Open?

I am a big Norman fan going way back...

I can't believe after 3 rounds he's 2 shots clear at the top of the leader board.

Absolutely amazing at age 53!!

I figure if he manages a par round tomorrow he'd just about win!

So what do you reckon folks? Is he up to it?

Azza

A worthy trip report

Prey for bad weather ( i am ) its the only way a part time golfer like Norman will win .

I will be settling down in Guess Bar about 9 pm local BKK time and grabbing the remote and hopefully seeing him win the Jug for a third time and writing his name in a place no one else could go ( not even Tiger ) no one will even win a Major at this age .

Go Greg Go

Comment

Yeah I hope he hangs on, but he is a bit of a final round ''choker'' in these majors.
      Going into the final round Norman can be backed at odds of 5/1 in London while title holder Harrington from Ireland is 3/1 fav & two shots off the lead.

Hopefully Lewis Hamilton follows up his British Grand Prix win with victory in Germany this afternoon. The bookies have him as a rock solid fav on 4/6.

Comment

Looking out of the window this morning towards Southport & Birkdale the weather is sunny but very windy.

My heart wants Norman to win but my head is saying that Harrington is the man for the moment.

Comment

greg puts it down to f**king chris evert

Comment

I think its a tough call, but i hope he does it. A good round from Harrington or Choi could put the pressure on, and as has been seen in the past, Greg doesnt handle it well!!

Cant see anyone else making a move.
            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(katoeylover @ Jul. 20 2008,18:32) I think its a tough call, but i hope he does it. A good round from Harrington or Choi could put the pressure on, and as has been seen in the past, Greg doesnt handle it well!!

Cant see anyone else making a move.

A little harsh i think!!

The man has one 2 majors, did come equal first in another 5 before losing in play-offs...

A couple of times he was robbed!!

Spent 331 weeks as no. 1 golfer in the world

And has one 87 times professionally....

Sometimes you just need a little luck ... i hope its his this time around...

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Yeah its gonna be a great afternoon of sport with the open and the grand prix. I will be hoping for a Norman/Hamilton double today.

Comment

Greg Norman: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and my father."

Comment

He probably says he owes a lot to his wife as well

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Dear Mr Stogie O Bara,

Please add Mr Padraigh Harrington, the winner of the British Open for the second year in a row, as an honorary member of the board. In the Irish section of course.

I'm sorry about Greg Norman, but he had a great performance and brought great credit to himself.

Ok, I agree he should be an honorary member also.

Lets face it, if he had ever visited Pattay and gotten to know the lovely LBs, it would have been bye bye Chrissy Everett a long time ago.

I mean, if you had a choice between a night in Guess bar or a night with Chrissy Everett?

Some people have a lot of money but spend it badly.

Comment

BUGGER

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

great performance from Padraig to win it 2 years in a row
                          No honey, no money!!

Comment

Who??

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Working...
                            X