Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you forget something...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...hepalestinians

A three-year-old Israeli girl was left alone at Ben-Gurion International airport yesterday, after her parents and four siblings flew to Paris without her.

The family was late for their flight and it appears that in their haste, they forgot the girl €“ and did not notice she was missing until the airline captain told them 45 minutes after takeoff that she had been found.

A police officer found the girl wandering around the terminal, in Tel Aviv, crying for her mother.

The child, accompanied by an airline stewardess took the next flight to Paris where she was reunited with her parents.

"I simply don't know how this happened to them," the girl's grandmother, who had taken the ultra-Orthodox Jewish family to the airport, told the newspaper Ha'aretz.

"We're in shock. They're very responsible and organised, top-notch people. Apparently each one relied on the other and this is what happened."

An official said: "It is usual that travellers in a rush forget their luggage but not a child. This never happens."

The parents, who have not been named, will be questioned by the authorities when they return to Israel and may be charged with negligence, police said.

My passport a couple of times
    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Oy vey!

I only ever forgot my marbles (so far)

I've made kathylc  

Comment

Never forgotten anything so far, Natalie is very good at last minute checking and between us we always manage to pack and prepare in time...

That said though, we now have free reign to leave behind baby, and not be the first to do so - cheers Ultra Orthadox family

Comment

usually forget my brain which is probably for the best!
          We've got to get in to get out

Comment

(elbarto @ Aug. 05 2008,08:26) usually forget my brain which is probably for the best!
            ditto

Comment

Having learnt from my past trips to Los.
              These days I leave my heart in England and behave like a callous bastard.
              Same as they do towards us

Comment

I am notoriously scatterbrained..
                Passport-no i always remember that..i just forget i was meant to be flying!!
                Always call everyone babes,princess,honey or chicken and the girls are convinced
                my best friends in the UK are called Thingy-me-bob and Whats-her-face!
                Anything essential like phones and hairdryers, computers makeup i always have a set
                in UK and Bangkok..
                x
                Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

so long as i've got money, cards passport and mobile, i'm ok. everything else is replaceable
                  seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I don't have a problem remembering, i just have a problem with airlines delivering!!
                    i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

(daveduke007 @ Aug. 04 2008,18:40) My passport a couple of times  
                      They were occasions on trips to Europe in "the past"

I always make sure everything is "A OK" for    
                      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

My passport. Only once though.
                        I know its so wrong, but it feels so right!

Comment

My wallet
                          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Umbrellas
                            Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Are you into 'watersports' as well as post-ops?

As one who normally travells quite a lot I have found that I nearly always forget something - luckily it's always been some thing relatively unimportant.

The important bits like tickets/wallet/passport I always check several times before leaving.

RR.
                              Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                              Kahuna

Comment

Working...
                              X