X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tie Me Kangaroo Down

So our Aussie friends are thinking of turning to Kangaroo burgers, enjoyed best with a diet Coca Koala

hmmmm..... this is an interesting post, what am I supposed to be thinking of? A 'roo burger & cola?

Swaraj mate, I would like you to give me a hint what the hell you are on about, at the moment you are not making any sense.

Worst of all, it's not even funny ...
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7551125.stm

Eat kangaroo to 'save the planet'
      Baby kangaroo and mother
      Kangaroos could be good for the environment

Switching from beef to kangaroo burgers could significantly help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, says an Australian scientist.

The methane gas produced by sheep and cows through belching and flatulence is more potent than carbon dioxide in the damage it can cause to the environment.

But kangaroos produce virtually no methane because their digestive systems are different.

Dr George Wilson, of the Australian Wildlife Services, urges farming them.

He says they have a different set of micro-organisms in their guts to cows and sheep.

Sheep and cattle account for 11% of Australia's carbon footprint and over the years, there have been various proposals to deal with the problem.

Now Dr Wilson believes kangaroos might hold the answer.

He said: "It tastes excellent, not unlike venison - only a different flavour."

The country already produces 30 million kangaroos farmed by landholders in the outback.

But Dr Wilson is keen to see that population dramatically increased to produce the same amount of kangaroo meat as that currently produced by conventional livestock.
      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Kangaroo is excellent to eat, more flavour than beef & a healthier option with the leanest fat content of any commercially farmed animal.

Why it isn't demanded by more people just shows how old prejudices die hard.

In a good season, the roos can quickly breed up to plague proportions, they are a great food resource going to waste.

Don't know about the Koala Cola though ....

Comment

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Kangaroo's closest modern relative is the rat!

Equally I have been told - but can't confirm - that rat tastes something like chicken.

I once had a 'whole' chicken curry in Chittagong in Bangladesh.
          It must have been a very small chicken and I was not able to identify any of the bones in the curry?

RR.
          Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
          Kahuna

Comment

The other benefit from eating roo and commercially farming it (easy they just need walter to breed constantly)is they have very little green house gas,emissions, compared to cows and sheep, which are responsible for 11% of our total green house out put. Also the meet is very healthy and they don,t destroy or degregate the land with there small feet
            enough said
            beautifull marinated in red wine
            just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

That Walter sounds like a busy guy...

Dunno what all the fuss is about farting cows. I doubt very much whether there is much cow in a McBurger.

'Fuck a wallaby!'  

Comment

(stogie bear @ Aug. 10 2008,14:09) 'Fuck a wallaby!'  
                The only lot that get to do that are the All Blacks...

and they do...

regularly          

Comment

(donnnnnny @ Aug. 10 2008,13:44) and they don,t destroy or degregate the land with there small  feet
                  enough said
                  beautifull marinated in red wine  
                  small feet?    

If a mob of roos get into a field of wheat there goes the crop.

Perfectly suited for the outback terrain, their huge feet give them enough spring to travel at great speed through the bush, where they have no natural predator.

Only man, & I endorse donnnnnny's comments; they are excellent eating - barbecued, roasted, marinated, they are the best.

Comment

Working...
                  X