Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentleman only need apply

http://www.thechap.net/content/secti...est-issue.html

Wont suit most of you lot but maybe there are some refined Gents here who pine for a lost era...A truly spiffing read. David Niven is pin up this month..

Pleasantness and civility are being discarded as the worthless ephemera of a bygone age - an age when men doffed their hats to the ladies, and small children could be counted upon to mind one's Jack Russell while one took a mild and bitter in the local hostelry

on sale now...

I like the cut of your jib sir !

"We must show our children that the things worth fighting for are not the latest plastic plimsoles but a pair of shiny brogues "

Anyone who stands for those princibles is a jolly good egg in my book
    Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

you cant be serious!!
      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I love this kind of stuff. While it is clearly tongue in cheek, there is also a point being made about what we may have lost in our rush to modernity, or I should say post-modernity.
        I especially liked their "Civilize The City" happening. This kind of action is very reminiscent of the Dérive as imagined by the French Situationists, but as well as calling attention to the urban space, these Chap dudes are also calling attention to our personal space and the way we relate to each other.
        These kinds of things are deliberately created to shake us out of our habitual ways of thinking.
        Nicely done gentlemen.
        "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
        Salin' on a summer breeze
        And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
        -Harry Nilsson

Comment

They've been selling this in my local comic shop for a while, spiffingly complementary to my Spider-man fetish!

"Let the young not be ashamed of their flabby paunches, which they try to hide in their nylon tracksuits - we shall show them how a well-tailored suit can disguise the most ruined of bodies"

Way ahead of you boys!  

Comment

Would someone mind my rottweiler why i have a brown split, old chap!

Yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the dog's coming in with me, only way it's safe!
            i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

Working...
            X