First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I love the bad news online!

Why I love the online news websites!

For the complete article click here...

Online news web sites. BBC, CNN, Google. I love them. Like car crashes, I am perversely drawn to them.

And there is no better time to read the news than there is right now. Why? Are you sitting comfortably? I'll tell you. Because the world is about to explode and everyone except Bill Gates has been forced to grow their own vegetables.

For me, cocooned in Thailand, reading the ramfeezled world news online is like traveling back in time thirty years. There are the perennial traditional news items like strikes by the lazy working class union slobs. The UK inflation rate rivaling that of Zimbabwe (and that's despite the government cooking the books.) Old people dying of hypothermia because their gas was cut off after they were a day late with the 'permission to stay alive' fees that British Gas extort.

And that's not all. House prices are crumbling, banks are failing and crime is on the rise. The Middle East is still fighting over the Gaza Stripper and the Best Wank. China still exports toys made of lead. Americans still barbeque their babies at Thanksgiving. The French still don't use soap. Everything gives you cancer.

But we live in an age of new crimes, too. The media is littered with stories about trash! Don't recycle? - go to prison. Overfill your dustbin? - go to prison. Spank your own kids? - go to prison. Have an opinion? - go to prison...
    Why I love the online news websites!

For the complete article click here...

Don't recycle? - go to prison.
    Overfill your rubbish bin here and get a maximum £110 fine, drop litter on the street and get a £75 fixed penalty.

It's cheaper to throw the excess down the road...

I've made kathylc  

Comment

the BBC TV news  service is so left wing biased as to be dismissed out of hand.

Just take the Russian invasion..It was the Georgian half wit narcisstic prime minister who decided to invade first .. not the Russians. The Russians just responded as one should... with an iron fist...But BBC mis reported the whole affair...and made it look Putins fault The truth is out there somewhere but not on the BBC..

As far as global warming is concerned even the USA Govt
      caved in on this one and admitted two weeks ago  that they were wrong all the time and have done a complete U turn....seeing as they were falsifying their own data and gagging people its not surprising..people can make own minds up but the theories are hardly idiotic , in fact far from it...

Comment

Quite agree Tomcat
        I was watching the BBC World service here in Thailand and on came the reporter telling me that Australias removal of detention for what they call "asylum seekers" and what most Australians call "illegal immigrants", "was for the better..."
        No wonder there is little that can be done in the U.K. to hold back the tide.

Comment

warincontext.org & antiwar.org are quite reasonable sources, along with theoildrum.com

Comment

Working...
          X