X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bejing Olympics

Quite a big topic on some of the sports talk shows here in the US   right now is the Olympics and how some are sooooooo bored with them       ............myself although I love American football, college and pro, hockey GO WINGS, baseball, golf and basketball in that order I also consider myself a consumate avid sports fan     and always look forward to the summer olympics and to a degree the winter olympics, especially the hockey. And this year although there is a major time difference it has been excellent as usual. Being an ex-swimmer myself I really enjoyed watching the Phelps races. I actually remember seeing Spitz go for his 7 golds (tape delayed) in '72 and actually had an opportunity to see Spitz swim while at Indiana along with Gary Hall Sr. Blew a chance to see Phelps swim some exhibition races last winter while he was training at A squared.

I've also enjoyed the womens gymnastics even though it is obvious that there has been some home town biases but thats to be expected in events based on judgements. It was that way in Atlanta in '96  and LA in'84 also. What it sad is there is real potential in some of those sub 16 years old gymnasts on the Chinese team taht would have just as awesome in 2012 in London.

The rest of the world has seemingly caught up with the USA in baseball although it would be a lot more interesting if the pros could play. The Dominicans, Venezulans would be much stronger along with the Americans. Loving the beach volleyball, especialy the Brazillian and Cuban women..........sweet  

Just kind of putting this out there to see who else is enjoying this years competition

Attached Files
    It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
    ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

i only like the boxing as they are the only real Amatures at the olympics. the cubans do so well saw a great ukrainian kid wallop the big head chinese the other other night lol.
    hats off to michael phelps amazing and i doubt he took drugs, like most of the others
    just a final work Grant Hackett Australian2 times olympic 1500 champ gets beat by a guy from Tunisia, who is just back from an 18month drugs ban. thats why i dislike sports so much these day because ITS JUST BIG BUSINESS AS USUAL
    just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Fucking Olympics. I reckon they are being run by a bunch of Paul Tagliabues!

(Remember the No Fun League?)

Ever since Eddie the Eagle finished participating it's been total crap.

I do glance at the medals table each day to check out how the UK are doing... pretty well, it seems...

Comment

Is it just me or when you watch women's diving or women's gymnastics does your mind wander to who do I want to f*ck?

Comment

Olympics?.......... what Olympics?........

Do like watching the women gymnasts though

RR.
          Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
          Kahuna

Comment

First time i've seen a black man who can swim, Brits going well, even beating the Aussies.

Comment

Er, the Aussies only take part in the Olympics to try and beat the Brits at something. So long as they eclipse the ever hated 'Pommies' they'll be happy... which means that this year they are seething with anger and frustration!  

Never mind. They beat the Brits at Cricket!  

It's a 'fair go', mates!

Comment

(stogie bear @ Aug. 20 2008,13:57) Ever since Eddie the Eagle finished participating it's been total crap.
                I read today that he retrained to be a lawyer and they are about to make a film about him  

I like the Olympics themselves - like most I have a healthy dose of cynicism about the drugs and business end of it, but Im not one to tar everyone with the same brush and there are positive effects; it can be uplifting on a good day. Don't start me off on the humanity (or lack of it) surrounding the lead up to it though.

Mostly it's the Eddie 'The Eagle' Effect I like to see - triumph over adversity. Definition of triumph applies (especially to Eddie!). It's the trying that counts the most. Stop me now I sound like a motivation coach  

Comment

i have not bothered this year, but it's nice to see the uk make an impact and actually achieve some medals!

Bring back eddie the eagle!
                  i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

well at least we can get three bronze medals in boxing, as the rest of the irish team failed to make any finals in any other events.

this is a pretty bad olympics for team Ireland.
                    i love t-girls

Comment

gold=16
                      gold=11

Comment

How much have ?

I hear the gold medaL for doping going to Jamaika and silver to Mike Phelps and bronze to China.... or so...

Dieter
                        Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

(Dieter @ Aug. 20 2008,11:59) I hear the gold medaL  for doping going to Jamaika and silver to Mike Phelps and bronze to China.... or so...
                          I will gurantee you Dieter that Michael Phelps is clean in fact I'm willing to buy you a weeks worth of overnites if he ever comes up hot!!!! The dude is pissing every 5 minutes for the testers not to mention providing blood samples.

Besides the ole East Germans had the market cornered on doping. Some of the East German women swimmers from Munich had bulges in their scrotums!!!!

Attached Files
                          It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
                          ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

(allstar88 @ Aug. 20 2008,17:12) gold=16
                            gold=11
                            As the UK has 60 million people and Australia only 20 million I make medal numbers adjusted for population;-

= 16
                            = 33

RR.
                            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                            Kahuna

Comment

Why the fuck is BMX riding an Olympic Sport?
                              If thats included why not a formula 1 race for a gold medal.
                              It's all just turning to bollocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X