X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest mass data loss in UK...

A Government investigation was launched today after personal details of more than a million bank customers were found on a computer sold on eBay.

Highly sensitive information on American Express, NatWest and Royal Bank of Scotland customers was found on the hard drive of the machine sold for £35.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news....ay.html

After this latest fiasco I have now officially changed my feelings about the collation of personal data that any institution hold on us.

Just a few days ago we heard about a memory stick containing details of criminals which went missing.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news....st.html

Apparently they now believe 'it may have been thrown away by accident'

Oh, well that's ok then, just as long as they didn't throw it away on purpose...

It seems a lot of people are far too irresponsible to be put in charge of anything more technical than a frigging spoon!

Fuck knows what will happen if/when we have to have ID cards, some ass clown somewhere is gonna fuck it all up I just know it.

I've made kathylc  

I'm a bit of a luddite  -  I don't believe in using technology when a simple solution is readily available and does pretty much the same job.

However I do fully realise what a wonderful tool computers are and that our modern world is built with and upon them.

But when it comes to British governments they should be kept well away from them.

All of them - of whatever political persuasion - have proved themselves to be incompetant....negligent.... fuckwits when comes to anything to do with computers, software or computerised information.      

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

Working...
    X