First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Glitter... Good to be back?

Gary Glitter gets a going over...

Read more here!

Just look at what a series of stupid mistakes has done for him. But more importantly just look at what his mistakes have done for you and I. Over the last nine years, the former pop hero and 'glam rock' star has become the poster-boy for the world wide pedophile panic. He has been transformed from a convicted sex offender into the strange-looking, pot-bellied goatee wearing symbol of the 'international pedophile threat' that stalks all our children twenty four hours a day. The unrelenting and ferocious campaign to paint him as a (now) one-man gang endangering billions of the world€™s children has been so comprehensive and successful that the Western governments the globe over (especially the British) can threaten to introduce severe new international measures solely on the back of his naughty sex life.

Frankly; the biggest blow to me so far is not being able to hear the 'Rock & Roll Pt's 1 & 2' theme played around sports stadiums in the USA. But the long term effects of this former pop star are going to catch up with me... and you... and everyone who owns a passport.
    Gary Glitter gets a going over...

Read more here!
    Attached Files

If he hadn't gone to PC World a few years back he wouldn't be in this situation now.

Once that was out in the open the tabloid press in the UK hounded him wherever he went, just going to SE Asia was something they relished in.

Who really knows what happened with those girls in Vietnam, but I'm sure anybody who has spent some real time in SEA can see how his side of the story is quite plausable.
    I've made kathylc  

Comment

Interesting read SB

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Have to disagree stoogie. Even amoungst "honest Convicts" Pedo's are pond scum. To look at a girl find her attractive and then find out she's under age is not a crime. To know she's underage and try and roger her is. I just think there mentally ill and there is no real way to cure them.

To say it's the same as homosexuality is false. Homosexuality is consensual. A 12 year old cannot consent to something she does not understand. If you think it will one day be accepted then we may as well chuck in beastiality and rape as they are viewed as just as heinous in todays society. Do you really want to live in a world like that?

I know your article is more about the media and politcal reaction to the story rather than whatever happen to Gary Glitter and is in no way condoning pedo's. I can't stand the papers like the Sun calling him sick and perverted and then having a photo next to it of "Becky, 18 from Essex." However the media beat up etc does not excuse in my mind what he has done. Yeah his done his time, but is he cured? Probably not. If I had my way those who prey on the most innocent and vunerable members of society deserve violence delievered to them until they either stop or are no longer capable of harming anyone. And this should include more than just pedo's.
        Beer Baron

Comment

(Monkey @ Aug. 27 2008,21:32) If he hadn't gone to PC World a few years back he wouldn't be in this situation now.
          Perhaps you should be saying, "Thank God he did."

I'm with Geezer on this one...He engaged in unconscionable behavior and deserves to be punished both legally and publicly...
          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

If it was 'Mr. Average' then we wouldn't be hearing about it.

There must be many guys that have been caught out doing things they shouldn't but because he was famous (now 'infamous') they are making a big thing about it because... it sells newspapers!

They don't give a fuck about those kids, all their interested in is making some cash off the back of his wrong doings.

I've made kathylc  

Comment

I watched an interveiw with him on the BBC & they asked him did he know the girl was 9, then after a very long pause He said "I only found out the legal age of this country was 18 a few days ago". Shoot the cunt !
              & I think your find it's not the whole Catholic church that fucks little kids , thats like saying all Black people, rob & steel & all paddys dig roads.
              Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

(seamus @ Aug. 27 2008,18:41) I watched an interveiw with him on the BBC & they asked him did he know the girl was 9, then after a very long pause He said "I only found out the legal age of this country was 18 a few days ago"
                I remember that slightly differently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkRlGLvlAHI

At around 5:20 is the part you're refering to.

At 5:59 he says "I don't believe that I've slept with anybody under 18 in this country"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not siding with him, just playing Devil's Advocate here.
                I've made kathylc  

Comment

I'm not making excuses for him. He's done wrong and that's clear.

Also - it's not my intention to suggest that all Catholics are fiddlers.

The style of those blags mixes truth and fiction (more fiddlers than Chinese? No - I don't think so!) to make a point.

The point is that we're generally consumed by what we see, read and hear about in other peoples lives to the point where it becomes an aspect of our culture which can only be described as a global or national obsession.

The truth goes out the window. Reason and rationale head for the exits and all you are left with is a virtual lynching party!

The Ox-Bow Incident... anyone see that flick? This Glitter farce is just another lesson in "group thinking" and it's a powerful and dangerous force.

But why shoot the fiddlers? Why not the rapists or even the bloke who stole my bike?

Humans never seem to learn.

Comment

(Monkey @ Aug. 28 2008,02:30) If it was 'Mr. Average' then we wouldn't be hearing about it.

There must be many guys that have been caught out doing things they shouldn't but because he was famous (now 'infamous') they are making a big thing about it because... it sells newspapers!
                    Time out...The press didn't make him a rock star nor did they make him a pedophile...

If newspapers aren't supposed to be sold then why in the fuck are they printed?

He can't blame others for his faults...He became a rock star...he fucked up...he pays the price...

Comment

Rock n´roll
                      Attached Files
                      "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

(Monkey @ Aug. 27 2008,18:57) At around 5:20 is the part you're refering to.

At 5:59 he says "I don't believe that I've slept with anybody under 18 in this country"
                        I stand corrected , but as usual BBC didnt play whole interveiw , just the bits they wanted us to hear.
                        But kids are kids & sex & kids just dont go, makes no difference if you are famous or not. As for shooting the prick, ok a little over the top, just cut his knackers off so he cant ever put another child through that again.
                        I agree the press are having a field day on this one , but I was told, he is or has made a small fortune out of the sale of the story, dont know how true this is, but if true, just as wrong as fucking the kids in the first place.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant guys, but I feel very strongly about people who fuck kids !

Seamus
                        Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

(seamus @ Aug. 28 2008,14:51) I was told,  he is or has made a small fortune out of the sale of the story, dont know how true this is, but if true, just as wrong as fucking the kids in the first place.
                          Plans after prison release

On 25 June 2008 the Daily Telegraph reported that Gary Glitter plans to record a new album on his prison release. He is quoted as saying "I have an incomplete album that I want to finish. I have been thinking about the plan during my days in jail, I have sung rock'n'roll for forty years. After jail, I will continue to rock'n'roll."[42] After his release from prison, Glitter said that he was planning to write a book to prove his innocence.[43]

Comment

I got this new voice activated carstereo...
                            I say country and western..it plays Dolly Parton..
                            I says rock...Plays Guns and Roses...
                            While driving this kids jumped front of me and i says fucking kids...
                            And the fucking thing start to play..Gary Glitter  
                            So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Sorry if this sounds like a rant guys, but I feel very strongly about people who fuck kids !
                              Most people do. But there's a difference between "fucking kids" and consensual sex acts with young teenagers. These girls weren't hurt and made some money to boot.

I'll bet they are just as normal as any other teenage girls now and don't have any emotional scars to bear along with the rest of their age group living in a country where sex with youngsters is an endemic way of life.

The reactions in the media and from some people would suggest that it would have been better if he had beaten them up and broken their bones rather than have sex.

Sex is only a nasty horrible thing to feel ashamed of if you are taught to feel that way about it. In most Western countries they are taught that sex is immoral and that it should be kept for marriage.

I'll bet the British press planned the whole thing. These people are much much worse social evils than one man called Gary Glitter.

I'll also wager that most men reading about Gary Glitter secretly don't give a fuck and would prefer he had sex with the girls rather than savagely beat them up.

But THINKING is as bad as doing these days so pretty much everyone is gonna toe the line that he should be hounded till he dies.

Typical human reactions which I find bizarre and irrational.

Comment

Working...
                              X