X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiling your Child.

This question is for those of you who have kids that are either reaching maturity or have grown into young adults.

Did you spoil your child ?   Do you regret it.   Do you think if you did not spoil your child do you think he or she would have turned out differently? (of course they would.)

I want you experienced fathers to talk to me about spoiling your children.

I spoil the fuck out of my kid.   She has work to do around the house,  she has responsiblilties.   It is mandatory she reads a book at least one hour a day and take care of the animals.   and she gets no reward for it.  I do not give her an allowance of money.  These are things she must do without reward.

However,  I do buy her pretty extravagant gifts.   I built her a game room,  she has things that most children of her age do not have,  Like every gaming system known to man,  four T.V.'s to play them on,  DVD player,  cable T.V. in her room etc,,,etc,,.

I don't believe in giving a child an allowance of money for doing chores.   You fucking help the family and thats just the way it is in my opinion.

But i do give her nearly everything she asks for.    am I doing wrong.   Should I say NO more frequently?

I tell her No all the time for the little stupid shit she wants that I know god damn good and well she already has,  she just wants more of.   I have some restraint.    But it is hard to tell her No for too long.

I want to spoil my child,  I want to give her more than she wants,  but I also don't want to create a Lifestyle she can't afford on her own.   What will happen when I'm no Longer around?

I don't know you fucks,  You's tell me.   What do you think?
    I yes, I'd do it again.
    0%
    No,  I would not.
    0%
    Still not sure,  I'd just do the best I can.
    0%
    My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

don't have any kinds but, if I did, I reckon I'd spoil the hell out of them

maybe not the best thing to do, but I know I wouldn't be able to hep myself

totally agree with your point about " don't believe in giving a child an allowance of money for doing chores. You fucking help the family and thats just the way it is in my opinion." Absolutely spot on

I think the best thing you can do to help your kids grow up to be mature. sensible, kind etc is to lead by example.
    No honey, no money!!

Comment

The main thing to provide is a stable home,but also be open!
      I personaly think that providing a loving environment is important, of course some kids will have problems whatever, but if you provide the attention they crave and be open with them you should bo ok!
      I came from a one parent family, bought up by my father who is a good bloke, but we were bought up in fear! Which worked for us , but that was years ago and times have changed! I don't mean fear as in beatings, but if i stepped big time out of line(police) i would have a hammering!
      So i didn't often get in trouble with the law! But times have changed and kids have there own rules now days!
      You have to have there respect, so letting them do the chores, and being involved in the house will serve them as they grow up, and later they will look back and think i learnt something!
      You let them have the treats but they earn it somehow!
      You have to also show them respect(fuck knows how you do that).
      If your kid comes home reeking of alcohol or smoke there is a good chance they have been doing what kids do! If you turn round give it real bad tantrum, what are they going to do, do it more! So finding a balance somehow is good!
      I'm not saying go on
      boy/girl have a beer, but finding the right response is not always easy!

I don't envy you mate!

I'm not bringing up kids myself! But i do know about my childhood that wasn't exactly conventional, but we always had good food and love,but in our case we knew not to step to far out of line! Do what you feel is best, they have to have some element of materialism now days. But i always feel that what they really crave is attention and love first and foremost!

If your kid does the chores like you say mirimark, you must be doind something right!

Sorry about the long winded post, had a few beers!

i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

The first thing my kid said to me this morining when she awoke , was; " Thank You " for taking me with you to San Franciso. She does seem very thankful, and often offers her money to us when were out and about.

She offered to buy us Hot Pretzels while we were walking pier 39 yesterday.
        Cool kid I thought.

Comment

You got a good kid then miramark, obviously not selfish! Thats a good thing!
          Keep doing whay your doing mate, something must be right!
          i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

Hey boys,   I'm getting pretty fucking drunk right now,  I think its time log off,   I really pissed off because I cant' find my charger fer my Ipod,  and two weeks later I still can't find my watch collection.

I got a really bad attituded right now.

"NOT".
            Think I give a shit about stuff like that.   No,    My daughter can spill a gallon of Milk all over the floor while trying to fill up her glass,  guess what fucks,   I won't Yell at her for fucking up.   Instead of yelling at her,   I need to help her.     Fuck that busting kids ass's fer fucking up.    
                Shut the hell up and help'em   Dickheads.
            It is true I cant find my watch collection and Ipot charger.
            Oh, well, I 'll find it some day.

J o to the C ho,

Comment

I voted "I yes" Because it made no fucking sense like pretty much everything mirimark writes.

Comment

Short answer MM is..."Up to You"
                You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

If your satisfied with how she acts and handles herself thats all that counts. Evidently your satisfied or you would not have bought or done what you already have. I just think kids act more accordingly to who they hang with no matter what mom and pop do for them.

Comment

lol i know your drunk mark - you sent me a message ment for someone else lol - take it easy on them beers mate

take care fella

Comment

i give my two daughters anything they want because i fucked up while married to their mother by fuckin all my bar staff

stevie

Comment

(Rollo Tomasi @ Sep. 01 2008,17:14) I voted "I yes" Because it made no fucking sense like pretty much everything mirimark writes.
                        You might understand it if you finished junior high School.

Comment

I spoil my little boy all the time , he respects me and my wife , he's never rude and is generally a good little guy , it aint about how much money you throw at them its the parenting that's important . Thats why this do good country of mine is so shit !!

Comment

My daughter has been spoiled but she has been a great kid, couldn't be prouder. So maybe she was rewarded. She's an only kid with lots of cousins. The 8th grade Washington DC trip, we sent her on that.

She just started her senior year in high school and when she graduates next June, she'll be a sophomore in college. She spent a month just this summer in London living in a college dorm, took two classes for which she gets college credit. She also went to Paris, a garden party for the Queen Mum, the Abbey Road crosswalk, and from what I ascertain, she got drunk a lot.

She's never got every but if the ex and I think it is important, we do it. Every generation always wants better for their kids. As parents, we've straddled a fine line at times but yeah, with computers, MP3 players, digital cameras, Playstations, compared to when I grew up, yeah, she's spoiled. Compared to what other parents do these days, I think we have kept her grounded

Comment

Working...
                            X