X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Cave and the Badseeds

For the "Nick Cave and the Badseed" fans out there......Wednesday September 17th at the Hollywool Bowl is their first LA appearance in 5 years. Can't wait to hear "Stagger Lee" and Fifteen Feet of White Snow, along with my favorite song..."Hey Joe". I know I am going and I will raise the roof on that fucking place.....I forgot there is no roof at the Bowl!! Let me know if any of you fucksticks are going we could fill up a box there.

Wow .. is he still alive ..

I booked him for a gig in Europe almost 20 years ago, and he was a wreck already then...

abt. 15 min's before the gig he locked himself into the bathroom with a bottle of Whiskey and refused to come back out. At the end we had to pull the fuse and bribe him with another bottle of JW .. and he then finally crawled out .. one hour late.

The concert wasn't too bad though, but it was good that he had a stable mic stand that he could lean on ..

T

Comment

The last time I saw Nick Cave was in the back seat of my car in 1993.

At the time I was working as an assistant sound engineer in Melbourne, Australia.

To cut a long story short, I had Nick Cave & Tex Perkins in the back of my car, and the other engineer sitting beside me after a late night recording session.

We ended up at a bar called Joey's in St Kilda for a few games of pool and a few drinks.

A very weird experience to say the least.  

Cheers
      Koykaeng
      Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

Late '80s, The Limelight in London on a Tuesday night as I recall. He absolutely took the place over! He played at a London festival recently which I missed - apparently he didnt play a couple of the classics though.

UK Tour dates for November here:

http://www.allgigs.co.uk/search....-1.html

Comment

Saw him live in Dublin in May , 50 years old and still cool as fuck ,

He actually played Staggerlee as the last encore .

A legend

Well he must be , he pushed Tommy Cooper out of my avatar space
          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

I shagged his missus when she was an 18 year old supemodel

Comment

Nick Cave is my kind of guy....he just walks in somewhere and takes over the entire atmosphere of th place.

Todd...thanks for sharing that experience and I was bringing my bottle of Johnny anyway so I might have to sacfrefice it to get him to perform so be it!!!

Koykaeng....If he winds up in the back of my car I will take him to West Hollywood and beset a Tranny on him!!

Young Jimslim.....Glad to hear you are well and able...If he doesn't play either Stagger Lee or Hey Joe there will be hell to pay at the Bowl!!

I will report back after the concert and let you all know how it went...

Comment

Was nice to see him playing a small role in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
                My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror.  ~W. Somerset Maugham

Comment

(jimslim @ Sep. 08 2008,06:37) Well he must be , he pushed Tommy Cooper out of my avatar space
                  You mean that isn't Neil Diamond?
                  No honey, no money!!

Comment

I'm in, I'm in Glendale, park at the zoo lot and take the shuttle. I haunt the Bowl every summer. Will probably hit Brian Wilson tomorrow night - saw his concert in 2005, he was great. So far this Bowl season I've checked out REM, the Cure, STP, Cheap Trick, Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder, Gnarls Barkley, Reggae Fest, and Etta James.

I'll miss the Beck concert because I'll be on my way to SF to see the Raconteurs (they effing rock). I won a trip for two and hotel on 98.7FM because I was caller number 98!

Love the Bowl. Sometimes I'm less than 2 football fields from the stage. l

Comment

Working...
                    X