X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok Dangerous

Has anyone seen this movie? Ignoring the action and plot, and just thinking about what it shows of Bangkok - is there much to see? I haven't seen it or the earlier version.

Any other suggestions on movies that show much of what BKK or other Thai cities are like? I recently saw "Wonderful Town" and it's a strange post-tsunami tale. I thought it was okay, but others think it's inexplicable and dull. There wasn't much to see, though.

POL
    Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Its a really really bad movie, BUT living in Thailand I enjoyed it for the 'been there-done that' factor. It was also good for picking up Thai curses, although my date did not enjoy me testing out my new vocabulary on her.

If its $4 where you live and you have an afternoon to kill, go see it...otherwise you can wait.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

It sucks...It fucking sucks...I picked up a copy on Sukhumvit the other day and watched
      all of 30 minutes before I turned the DVD off and threw the disk out the window...

There was one quick shot of MBK...that's all I recognized...The plot is absolutely absurd...
      Quite obviously it was written by someone who had never been to BKK...And knows
      nothing about Thais...It is impossible to watch just to see BKK landmarks while ignoring
      the plot...

It's a dark dreary unbelievable plotted piece of shit...

Other than that, it's a fine film...I recommend everyone see it...

PS...If you want a copy there is one at the bottom of the Dynasty Grande swimming pool...
      I can still see it from my window...
      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Actually its a remake of a Thai movie, written by two Thais who also directed this one. The Pang Brothers.

I recognized a lot of places, MBK, Soi Cowboy, Carriebean Club...I think I even went to one of the restaurants in the movie.

But the plot was moronic, the acting inane, and the girls wore too much clothing.

Comment

Well...I stand corrected regarding the writters and directors then...But it still ranks as one the the most inane films I have ever seen...well, seen part of...well, seen at the bottom of a swimming pool...
          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(Snick @ Sep. 09 2008,18:50) the plot was moronic, the acting inane, and the girls wore too much clothing...
            There's a lot of this about!

Comment

Is the original about a deaf hitman and a pharmacist?
              i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

yup

Comment

i will still end up buying it along sukhumvit road next week, ahh its worth a look, i might just drunk first though so it seems better than it is

Comment

its on you tube, the thai one,

steve

Comment

(Snick @ Sep. 09 2008,10:50) But the plot was moronic, the acting inane, and the girls wore too much clothing.
                      yeah, you already said that:

Actually its a remake of a Thai movie...
                      I've made kathylc  

Comment

Nic Cage must be the most comatose actor ever. No wonder Bangers is dangerous with him around!
                        We've got to get in to get out

Comment

What a waste of an afternoon and my Baht. Give me the original with Chow Yung Fat in the lead role. About the only thing I liked was looking at the actress who played the deaf girl. She looks so much like a former model from AsianTS, Kung, if any of you remember her. A major dissapointment.

Comment

I seem to remember hearing Cage is into LBs...

Comment

(steviep35 @ Sep. 10 2008,00:44) its on you tube,   the thai one,  

steve
                              Yeah... I caught it on TV one night off of some IFC channel... I liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/v/lNgRK7mZCeo&hl=en&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/lNgRK7mZCeo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Comment

Working...
                              X