X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Wright of Pink Floyd dies...

Richard Wright, a founder member of Britain's legendary Pink Floyd rock group, has died at the age of 65 after battling cancer.

Floyd, led by Syd Barrett, was founded in 1964 and became famous for its 'psychedelic rock', selling more than 200 million albums worldwide.

Wright was one of its five co-founders. He played the keyboard and wrote music in classic albums such as the Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here.

It may just be my warped way of thinking but the deaths of people like this have more impact on me than the deaths of people I know or multiple deaths in accidents and disasters. Another chunk of my youth has been insulted.

Great man, great music and a great band... I suppose we were lucky to know him and his work at all.

Rock In Peace
    Attached Files

Sad news indeed. Been a fan of Pink Floyd since i first heard Dark side of the moon 30 years ago. RIP Rick.
    We've got to get in to get out

Comment

A great musician and a loss to music
      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Very sad news indeed and my hopes of one last tour by the floyd now look well and truely over.

Comment

great keyboard player.... rip dude

Comment

I saw them play in Melbourne in 1988.Still the greatest show I have ever seen and I have seen a lot.
            Pink Floyd have not toured since 1994 and many millions of us always hoped that we would see them one more time.Alas this may now be just a very thin hope, although Dave Gilmour and Roger Waters are still around.
            Rick Wright will no longer "Speak to Me" nor will he "Breath in the Air", he is now "On the Run", with just enough "Time" to get to "The Great Gig in the Sky."
            What they created together will live for Centuries,a great legacy for music.As some listen to Beethoven or Bach they will take their place in history alongside them.

Comment

(nigelr69 @ Sep. 16 2008,08:36) Pink Floyd have not toured since 1994
              I was there at Earls Court in 1994 , a great gig. I got all there early Albums as well from the 60s which a kind uncle gave me. Also got a rare Video of Wright playing keyboards in the studio followed by the Rome Concert ,i think it was around 69...

"I got a bike you can ride it if you like"

Comment

(nigelr69 @ Sep. 16 2008,08:36) As some listen to Beethoven or Bach they will take their place in history alongside them.
                Totally agree Nigel.

Pink Floyd rate at the top of the modern-era music, few compare & when 20th century music is played in a hundred years time, they will be revered as classical music legends.

RIP Rick Wright
                Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

r.i.p.     http://www.youtube.com/v/JWnapx502uQ&hl=en&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/JWnapx502uQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Comment

This is said News, I Love this guy. He Is, was, and always will be FANTASTIC.

Wow, what a shock. This sucks, but he will Live on for many Generations to come.

You did well boy, You did well and touch many peoples Lives in a very good way.
                    God bless my friend, Your still here bro.
                    My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

Working...
                    X