Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investment Thoughts

Investment Thoughts

If you are an Investor in UK Stocks and if you had purchased £1,000 of Northern Rock shares one year ago it would now be worth £4.95.

If you had chosen to invest in HBOS, earlier this week your £1000 would have been worth £16.50.

£1000 invested in XL Leisure would now be worth less than £5,

but if you had bought £1,000 worth of Tennents Lager one year ago, drank it all, then took the empty cans to an aluminium re-cycling plant, you would get £214.

So, based on the above statistics the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and re-cycle.

P.S. I wonder how the price of whisky bottles is moving?

Comment

LOL - I Remember the same analysis from the dot-bust days, funny to see the story make the rounds again 7 years later. I guess this is the definition of a Cyclical Market.
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

The fucking clown who runs HBOS is still there as far as i know.

What happened to the days of Gentlemanly etiquette ... The loaded revolver , a single bullet , the last lonely gaze out of the office window..

Doesnt anyone do the decent thing anymore.

Comment

I work across the road from Lehman Brother's UK office. Dead as a door nail in there now. On Monday all the bars in Canary Wharf were rammed with everyone who had been fired. I heard it was a good night to go on the pull with all the pissed secretaries around.
          Beer Baron

Comment

i bought some magic beans

Comment

For me I will ask KL for a good box of red wine........for me the best investment now in Uk.....
              or should I vist the Duke of York and have some beers.....yip could have a really good mtalk with DAve and I don´t forget the two polish waitres.......

Dieter

P.S.: i prefer the red (polish girl)
              Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

Anyone ever buy sea monkeys

Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

wine is a great investment - IF you buy the right stuff.
                  seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

You could've spent that money on a trip to BKK, from what I hear.

POL
                    Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

I work across the road from Lehman Brother's UK office.
                      A real quote read on Bloomberg the other day:

Lehman's Landlord in London said, it is not too bad if Lehman goes bankrupt, because the rent is insured by AIG.

LOL!!!

Comment

I like it!!

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Good post The Game
                          i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

Working...
                          X