• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Newman  RIP

A true giant of the sliver screen! RIP

One of the biggest is gone
    RIP.
    "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

A screen legend... What a life he had, though...

RIP

Comment

Just saw that too...........

The Hustler
        Cool Hand Luke
        Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

One of the true icons of the silver screen

As long as there are movie channels he will never die

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
        ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Movies and salad dressing? We've lost a genius!

POL
          Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

huh? when did this happen?

He was one of my childhood heroes (in fact there was only two, him and Steve McQueen) and they still are.

Oh well, death comes to us all.

Like smuttley says "As long as there are movie channels he will never die"

RIP great icon of the silver screen.

On a lighter note: I'm looking forward to seeing all his films being played in homage to the great man
            I've made kathylc  

Comment

Never forget him as racing driver and of course his fantastic spaghetti sauce....

RIP

Dieter
              Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

Jeeez, I just woke up  {1pm again, my meds are WAY too strong} and saw this for the first time...... but had seen in Rolling Stone last month that he had cancer, he was denying it....... damn shame, he was literally my favorite of all time!

Cool hand Luke, Butch Cassidy, The Sting, The Verdict, Hud, etc.... and my personal favorite; Absence of Malice.

This guy will be missed and it's a shame he's on this message board at the same time as Van Damme, it just doesn't fit!

RIP to greatness  
                Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

The Sting-a classic!! He did a lot of good philanthropic work as well. RIP...............
                  Be careful out there!

Comment

Over 250 million from Newmans Own products, which started as a lark because his friends liked his personally-made salad dressing over the store-bought ones. Also runs a camp in Connecticut for sick children, the guy was a legend in many ways.
                    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

R.I.P. Paul
                      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Real shame , he was a cool guy .

He had a pretty good innings though as they say .

Cool Hand Luke is an all time classic

His pasta sauce is also the best around , kicks the asses of Ragu and Dolmio

RIP you cool dude
                        Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

An absolutely magnificent actor, my Mum's favourite!

He also took Nigel Mansell out of F1 and into Indy car racing to become champion in his first season.

Comment

He may be passed on, but he will live forever in our hearts and minds. Maybe the greatest male actor of all time. Certainly top 10 anyway, depending on whom one personally prefers.
                            I usually buy his salad dressing, so always see him when I open the frig.

When I got to work today, my friend and co worker, asked me if I heard Newman died? My initial reaction was he meant Wayne Knight who played the character Newman on Seinfeld. He said no, not that Newman, Paul Newman. We are both Seinfeld fans, even in reruns, so the character from the show is more often fresh in my mind. I felt kind of pathetic for not realizing which Newman he meant at first.
                            “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(JaiDee @ Sep. 27 2008,12:44)

Over 250 million from Newmans Own products, which started as a lark because his friends liked his personally-made salad dressing over the store-bought ones.  Also runs a camp in Connecticut for sick children, the guy was a legend in many ways.
                              He runs a similar camp in Ireland too

One of my favourite actors and the Sting is my favourite movie of all time

RIP Paul Newman
                              No honey, no money!!

Comment

Working...
                              X