Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good thinking on PETA's part! Yea right!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crates and battery cages are a way of  big business if you want to succeed in it.   I do not find anything undesireable about those methods.  Ever eat a yard chicken............tough as nails and only good for meat pies............Less room to move around less exercise less mucle build. Yard chickens lay  eggs all over the place.........Gathering eggs takes time, plus they get dirtier in the process. Batteries solve that.   Sows would generally crush or kill their piglets if not in a Farowing crate or stall. In the states hogs are not generally kept in individual stalls while getting fattened up to slaughter, and only kept inthe stalls during farowing time.

A chicken does not need a lot of room and if they have fresh water, clean conditions and ample food,m then so be it. Just look at the price of eggs in a market where they sell so called organic or non caged eggs...........as compared to eggs from caged chickens. A dozen Grade A Extra Large eggs from caged chickens is less than $1.30 a doz, and most times for 99 cents a dozen,  yet the non caged eggs go for $4.95+  a dozen.........just like milk from contented cows that are "hand" milked by Wisconsin Millk Maids with silky soft hands is $9.00 a gal but I can get milk obtained forma milking machine run by Old Joe with weathered leathery hands for $2.50 a gal..............Caging is not wrong, if needs are met.

To me any group no matter who they are that puts a human life in danger over the sake of their ideals or the life of an animal is a radical.And I am sure I am not the only one that feels that way. No its not venom either. I just do not suppoort or condone their movements or actions or beliefs one bit, due totheir overall attitudes in general.

Caged chickens and farowing stalls are not going tog o away. No one is genetically changing these animals by confining them. To go totally organic and free range is cost as well as space and labor prohibitive, and to bge honest I do not think any nation could afford the prices it would entail..just to buy eggs of bacon and ham etc.

The onlypractice I do not agree with is the creation of a veal calf. Where a otherwise healthy beef calf is turned into an anemic calf with no muscle tone or mass, justy anemic white meat that canbe cut with a fork, that never see the antural sunlight or most any light other than the dim glow of minimal lighting, and who never shit a solid turd in their young life. Thats wrong. Its not in the same catagory however IMHO as a farrowing crate or hen battery. BTW most broiler chickens re raised on a floor of a chicken house..not batterys, and lots of egg layers are also housed in open floor houses as well, but with as many chickens as there are kept in those houses its not much different than being confined in a battery......Chicken houses here (layer and broiler types generally hold 20-25K birds each, with some of the larger ones holding close to double that amount.

Comment

I don't agree with the radicals, they are too extreme!
      I also don't agree with battery farming and crates, it is not a good life for the animals! The organic arguement is a bit of farce in some respects, as there is no evidence to actually support it being healthier! Pesticides and the like are not good for you, but what about the micro organisms,pests and other creepies are they good for you? Organic meaning that they will still be living and the consumer digesting.

I probably eat 50% organic at home, and generally it is tastier food!
      i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

Exclusive: PETA Killed More than 90% of the Animals in its Care in 2007
        PETA€™s 2007 Euthanasia Records Available Only at PetaKillsAnimals.com

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, a group that complains bitterly when animals die accidentally in horse races or intentionally in slaughterhouses, killed more than 90 percent of the adoptable animals in its care during 2007.

Last year, PETA wrangled with the Virginia government for nine months before its 2006 records were finally made public. In a cynical bid to hide the outrageous percentage of animals that wind up in their giant walk-in freezer, PETA's leaders tried to lump the pets they spayed or neutered in with those they took in for more than an hour. That squabbling continues, but this year we decided not to wait for the dust to settle.

READ THE REST OF THIS STORY HERE :My Webpage
        i love t-girls

Comment

(marshal @ Oct. 01 2008,20:51) I don't agree with the radicals, they are too extreme!
          I also don't agree with battery farming and crates, it is not a good life for the animals! The organic arguement is a bit of farce in some respects, as there is no evidence to actually support it being healthier! Pesticides and the like are not good for you, but what about the micro organisms,pests and other creepies  are they good for you? Organic meaning that they will still be living and the consumer digesting.

I probably eat 50% organic at home, and generally it is tastier food!
          Marshall. Thats fine, your opinion is just that, your opiinion and I'll go tothe max to defend your right to have that say so, but now take it one step further oike PETA and most of the other organizatons do, and now start raming boats, blowing up buildings, killing and injuring poeple, who do not aggree with your opinion, and thats where theline has tobe drawn. Thats what these groups or most of them it seems, do. If they are not blwoing up places or harming people or destroying property that does not belong to them, they are propagating news coverage to enlist more dredges of lifes socieity that are looking for a cause to believe in weather that casue is just or not, as it don't really matter to them, as long as they get to have their own way. These radical groups have done more to destroy their image than they have done to help their cause. Just think if all the clowns that are called lobbyists did what the members of these orgnaizations do, this world would be in utter chaos. If they truly had a rason to do what they did there would be more not less people associated with them, and to be honest I do not think there really is all that many associated with these orgs anyhow, but it only takes a few bad apples to mess up the works for a multitude of others. Look at the amount of fokls it took to start off thie so called war on terror that started 9/11

Just to say your against crates is way to broad and I am only aware of veal valves and hogs that are kept in a crate. Doing calves that way is wrong, but for a hog to be crated its not all that bad as all they do is lay there all day long anyhow. ITs merely a temp measure to keepo them from eating their young or laying down on them and crushing them. Ever see a typical litter of little piggies.........they normally are large in number, and hogs by nature are cannibals too. Same for chickens who when kept in a flock are most often times debeaked as a chick to keep from picking on others, which usually turns into a free for all affair once blood is drawn.Chickens canbe cannibals as well. Batewries also help with reduciing sickness and diseases. IN a house if one gets sick most itmes they cleanout the entire house, as the problem runs rampant until its discovered. In a batery only a very few will be affected, so there are trade off both with and without crates / batteries. I do tend to agree chickens do best what chickens are normally supposed to do and what I like to watch them do and thats scratch around and cluck, but its not very productive either to raise em up that way, and in no way would they ever be able to feed the demand of chicken if all free ranged, as if it was not for predators, or cost or illness something would almost throw a stick in the works. Around these parts there is literally hundreds of poultry growing / brooding / layer operations. Its a major industry in the south. None of these places evenb allows visitors because just having a wild bird gain entrance can wipe out the entre flock, or a person that perhaps has a viral infection or happens to have a couple of chickens in their back yard or a parakeert of canary in their house as a pet can induce sickness and put the business under. Still more valid reasons to battery keep chickens over free range, although house keeping of a flock onthe floor is better than battery, but wild birds like sparrows and mice and rats are a major problem no matter how well a faciltiy is constucted or maintained and run. I have heard and read stories oon how wild bird droppings got into feed stored in feed mills and lead to 100,000 chickens haivng to be destroyed. Until we no longer view chicken as a major food item, batteries wil nver go away nor will crowded floors on chjicken houses, which are really nothing more than a battery on a larger scale since they do not have any leg room to walk around either. LOts of chickens die of pileing up on each other and they do this rather quickly when lights go out in a power outage, when chickens are kept on the floors of chicken houses and not in batteries. So free runage or floor rasing of chickens is not all that rosey when compared to batteries. Odds are however eachand everychicken for the most part is destined to be on someones table someday in some food item or in dog food or recycled as compost. They really serve no other purpose other than a means of good high protein low fat meat. Even the old timey breeds of chickens are not what they used to be. Very few even are considered setters today. Almost all of the breeds anymore (at least those found in the USA) asre so strung out form being hybridized into super chickens its pathetic. Hard to belive from day old chick to the kitchen table as a whole fryer in 8 to 10 weeks time...........Chickens who lay 330+ eggs a year without fail..........who start to lay eggs at 18 weeks of age instead of the old 1 year age of the old breed chickens that used tobe found on family farms free ranging with a clutch of chicks. I doubt we will ever see it change from what it is now, as long as we eat chicken that is.

Comment

Working...
          X