Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the top rookie in the NBA?

Being an Bball addict, who will be the top rook this year in the NBA.

My choice has to be Oden. He'll make the biggest impact.

He sat out last season (his real rookie season) recovering from microfracture surgery, but Portland approached his recovery very well and gave him a year to get healthy and buff up. Oden shows skills you usually see at a later age with big man, and could be as dominating immediately as Shaq. The cool thing he , in comparison to Shaq, has a cool personality. He'll easily average a double - double nightly. So will Beasly, but he has mental and defensive flaws. Oden on the other hand shows true leadership, as does Rose, and more importantly is a beast on defence and the boards.

Mainly I want him to win cause he's a good guy, Beasly is too bling bling for me.
    Greg Oden
    0%
    Michael Beasly
    0%
    Derrick Rose
    0%
    OJ Mayo
    0%
    Kevin Love
    0%
    Other
    0%

Oden, yes.
    My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

I cautiously agree re Oden, but I will temper my enthusiasm until I see more proof he isn't the 2nd coming of Sam Bowie who the Blazers took last time they bypassed the best player available for the best center
      “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
      ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

go kings!!!!!!

Comment

Oden is injured again....it's Portland's destiny...another supercenter who has a short career due to injury. Bill Walton would have been the greatest ever....if he could have avoided those problems with his feet. I voted for Rose...just watch him go!

Comment

(allstar88 @ Oct. 29 2008,00:37) go kings!!!!!!
            optimistic soul...
            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

It´s funny when whiteys discuss basketball, like when brothas discuss Nascar
              "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

(sev7en @ Oct. 31 2008,21:12) It´s funny when whiteys discuss basketball, like when brothas discuss Nascar
                that made me laugh

How about that whitey in minni, near double-double in 19 mins.

Comment

If you want to talk racism....start a new thread...no place for that here or anywhere else for that matter.

Comment

no no, just saying white men can´t jump!!
                    "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

(sev7en @ Nov. 01 2008,00:26)    no no, just saying white men can´t jump!!
                      Larry Bird, one of the greatest smack-talkers and bballers of all time, disagrees!

I'm a lifelong Bulls fan, so I obviously had to vote for my man Derrick Rose. He's gonna tear shit up this season, mark my words.

Comment

Gotta throw out my love for Kevin Love. Fundamentally sound, can pass, shoot from the outside, and a good basketball IQ.

Of course, I'm biased...I'm a Bruin like Kevin Love. Only difference is that I graduated but he has a better paying job.

Oh yeah, one more difference is I like ladyboys. Ok, just assuming that's a difference. One never knows.

Comment

(alan1chef @ Nov. 01 2008,00:24) If you want to talk racism....start a new thread...no place for that here or anywhere else for that matter.
                          7s comment has nothing to do with racism. I laughed my ass off.

How about that Rose kidd ...

Comment

(blonde_havoc @ Oct. 31 2008,17:10)
                            (sev7en @ Nov. 01 2008,00:26) no no, just saying white men can´t jump!!
                            Larry Bird, one of the greatest smack-talkers and bballers of all time, disagrees!

I'm a lifelong Bulls fan, so I obviously had to vote for my man Derrick Rose. He's gonna tear shit up this season, mark my words.
                            As great as Bird was, he really wasn't much when it came to jumping ability.
                            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(alan1chef @ Oct. 31 2008,02:45) Oden is injured again....it's Portland's destiny...another supercenter who has a short career due to injury. Bill Walton would have been the greatest ever....if he could have avoided those problems with his feet. I voted for Rose...just watch him go!
                              Oden out for 2-4 weeks I guess.
                              ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Working...
                              X