Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you ever think your life is shit...

The story is HERE!

Every morning at 5:30am without fail, Lucy and Hannah Betts from Great Yarmouth begin a punishing but life saving ritual. Helped by their mother Jan, they soak for two hours in the bath, scrubbing their skin until it is raw, to remove the extra hardened layers that have formed overnight, and then covering themselves with a thick, greasy barrier of protective cream. The whole process is repeated at bedtime...
    What a heart breaking story. I'll think about these people when I whine about my life in the future...
    Attached Files

Yes indeed, I remember watching a documentary about those two when they were infants 10-15 years ago, heartbreaking stuff.
    I wish some of the 30-60 year old farangs who decide to take a jump off those Pattaya apartment blocks would watch a programme about these two brave young ladies before deciding life without beer/vodka money is not worth living anymore

Comment

(pentire @ Oct. 28 2008,14:43) I wish some of the 30-60 year old farangs who decide to take a jump off those  Pattaya apartment blocks
      Why? Do you miss them?.
      "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

Sometimes we need to look at those less fortunate, to relise how lucky we are!
        i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

(marshal @ Oct. 28 2008,17:13) Sometimes we need to look at those less fortunate, to relise how lucky we are!

Comment

i do agree here, theres no doubt,its allways a good idea to keep perspective as to your place in the world.........where you/who you/what you really are.ive been through some very serious shit in my life and that allways give me perspective.also my last GF in LOS 2 years back was a deaf mute,a real sweet girl (GG) worked in one of the venues(not naming) spent a lot time with her over 2 years and learnt a lot from her,i kinda got stuck on her tho it wasnt the easiest relationship, took her to hua hin for week once and gave me an eye into her world 24/7 for a bit and was humbling,i admired her.
            robbo

Comment

Kinda puts things into perspective , I've come across similar situations ,and these kids always have amazing spirit and make do with the terrible situation they have to live with , sometimes we are all guilty of taking life for granted , we don't know how lucky we are sometimes  
              Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(sev7en @ Oct. 28 2008,09:57)
                (pentire @ Oct. 28 2008,14:43) I wish some of the 30-60 year old farangs who decide to take a jump off those  Pattaya apartment blocks
                Why? Do you miss them?.

Comment

Thanks.
                  "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

Some times i need to stand back and put my life into some semblance of normality.
                    For those two, their normality would make me scream like a baby.

Comment

six months ago i thought my life was crap ,then after 21 years in the same job i was made redundant i now work as a care/health worker looking after a lad who is paraplegic.the job has changed my life i now never worry about work or money   if you have your health youve cracked it!  

Comment

(allstar88 @ Nov. 02 2008,10:10) if you have your health youve cracked it!
                        Spot On

Comment

(allstar88 @ Nov. 02 2008,17:10) if you have your health youve cracked it!  
                          There you have it!

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

Working...
                          X