Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to drink 50+ pints a week, spent most of My 20's in bed with a hang over (weekends) Only really drink on holiday now, other then that might get pissed twice a year, dont miss it at all & feel so much beter for it.
    Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

(surropan @ Nov. 04 2008,05:43) Just wondering, any other of us alkies here? I'm not talking about guys who drink a bit too much-- I mean real alcoholics, like me, who's entire existence has been dominated and likely destroyed by alcohol?

I was sober for 4+ years, now I'm back to a two-bottle-a-day (whiskey) man. It's really easy to fall back into the lifestyle here in LOS.

It's getting to that same point again, as before I got sober, where my life is really suffering from it.  I can't interact with respectable society, as I always reek of booze, even at 8 am. Again, that's kind of easy to do in los.  But if I had a job, I'd be fucked.

I've been in touch with the AA community here, but I always hated that shit.  I sobered up myself before, after realizing how absurd the whole AA culture (and it really is it's own culture) is.

It's officially gotten to the point where I, to use an American expression, have to "shit or get off the pot."  I have to choose to kill myself with alcohol or turn it all around and do something with my life. I'm tired with the tortuously slow version of suicide I've chosen.  Something's gonna change, or else I'm gonna have to check out in a much quicker and easier manner.
      not sure what your looking for here? just comments or sympathy or advice,mayby by the nature and wording of your post your looking for some comfort in the fact that your not alone in fuckin up your life.....................
      why dont you get yourself the fuck out of LOS and back home,get a job and settle with someone nice. what your doing is not living.......just avoiding life,many guys would give there right arm to be where you are now ive no sympathy for you only advice. thats worth far more. drinks a demon,( i drink but i enjoy it and rarely get pissed.........i use it, it dosnt use me.).............. stop mate before its too late,u gota stop and you wont do it in LOS.
      robbo

Comment

Surropan, get thee to detox. or at least an understanding MD. after a blood test i was diagnosed as anemic, b-12 deficiency, low on vitamin D, potassium (even tho i eat 2 bananas every morning), and other stuff. there's a quip that if all this stuff in a human body was distilled and put in a bottle it would be worth 98 cents, i was down to 69 cents.

the Doc patiently explained how the booze "flushes" all this stuff out of the body.

B-12 deficiency can only be reversed by bi-weekly injections, vitamin tabs alone won't do it.

B-12 (and follic acid) are involved with the brain, mind and memory.

Get thee to a good Doc.

(btw, it was a good woman who got me there)
        raybone

Comment

I'm a consistent drinker i.e i drink most nights! I will have maybe 6-7 pints of bitter most nights but rarely do i go out and get hammered! I do think that as life changes for me, i tend to change. A couple of years back i was drinking a lot more, now days i'm holding back a bit. Give it a couple more years i reckon i will be down to 3-4 pints a night! In your situation surropan you have our full support, well mine anyway! Everyone is different and in LOS you have to ask yourself if it is the best place to be mate?
          Good luck to you!
          i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

Thanks, everybody, for all your helpful posts. I don't know exactly why I posted it here... but I was, of course, drunk when I wrote it. I've carefully read each response.

A few of you mentioned alcohol making you fat-- well I'm living proof of that. Before I started drinking again, just over 2 years ago, I weighed 178 pounds. I'm 230 now. 50+ lbs in two years, and my eating habits haven't changed.

Quitting isn't gonna happen for me right now, I don't think. I drink primarily because I have serious anxiety/panic attack issues. and I had gotten hooked on Xanax, which is the fucking devil. Now I drink all day instead of blowing myself out on Xanax.

Thanks again, everyone.

Comment

coming from a long and distinguished line of alcoholics, have always been aware of the pitfalls of drinking toomuch, worked nights most of my career which always included 4-5 nites a week in the local pub, since retiring drinking has gone way down, on trips to bkk, usually limit my intake to two beers a night, that has occasionally gone out the window while sitting in extremely poor company on deck at Guess Bar, you know who you are !!
              Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

i still sometimes get anxiety/panic attacks but i control it with slow breathing ,then i think whats the worst that could happen,then i try and think possitive thoughts ,then 9 times out of 10 the worst never happens .if the worst happens i think f**k it no use crying over spilled milk .my problems were to do with work now im out of that shit job im ok. what causes your problems,can you avoid them or is it everyday life things?

Comment

Working...
                X