• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicole Kidman to play transsexual

Nicole Kidman to play transsexual in period drama

Nicole Kidman to play transsexual in period drama
    Sun Nov 9, 2008 3:24pm EST  By Gregg Goldstein

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Nicole Kidman as the world's first post-op transsexual, married to Charlize Theron? You betcha.

The Australian actress will star in and produce "The Danish Girl," based on the true story of Danish artists Einar and Greta Wegener. Their marriage took a sharp left turn after Einar (Kidman) stood in for a female model that Greta (Theron) was set to paint.

When their portraits become wildly popular in 1920s Copenhagen, Greta encouraged her husband to adopt the female guise. What began as a harmless game led Einer to a metamorphosis and landmark 1931 operation that shocked the world and threatened their love.

Anand Tucker ("Shopgirl") is attached to direct the feature, adapted by writer Lucinda Coxon ("Wild Target") from David Ebershoff's 2000 Viking bestseller. His debut novel of the same name is a fictionalized account of the Wegeners' true story.

Pre-production has begun on the indie film, but no details on a principal photography start date have been disclosed.

Both Kidman and Theron earned their best actress Oscars playing lesbian characters, in "The Hours" and "Monster," respectively. Additionally, Kidman is attached to play Dusty Springfield in a biopic about the bisexual English singer.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
    IMHO there are far more attractive post-ops all over the Far East, Europe and the USA - If she was one, I would not fancy her!
    Attached Files

Shes not pretty enough......

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
    Be careful out there!

Comment

Why didn't they ask Naang Faa, well at least she is more beautiful than that ugly cunt
      i love t-girls

Comment

I didn't know Dusty was a bit of a lesbo...

Comment

That's a dude!
          No honey, no money!!

Comment

id still give nicole one up the bum,girl or not
            robbo

Comment

one up the bum ......no harm done!
              robbo

Comment

"IMHO there are far more attractive post-ops all over the Far East, Europe and the USA - If she was one, I would not fancy her!"

Couldn't agree more, while I wouldn't say "no" there are far sexier ladyboys out there whom I'd much rather shag.
                "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
                Salin' on a summer breeze
                And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
                -Harry Nilsson

Comment

(Stogie @ Nov. 10 2008,16:24) I didn't know Dusty was a bit of a lesbo...
                  Bisexual not a 'lesbo' - hotdogs and carpets - not carpets exclusively!

If you lot don't want Nicole Kidman I'll happily take her off your hands.

RR.
                  Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                  Kahuna

Comment

My understanding of Dusty's sexuality is that once she settled in France with her girlfriend she never changed teams, she stayed a carpet muncher.

But she was gay most of her life, not that it should bother us, she has gone to the great song studio in the sky...

As for Nicole, my daughter will get to talk to her next week when she flies to Sydney for the Australian premiere of "Australia".

I suggested she leave her boyfriend home & take her old dad, she looked at me as if I was tingtong      
                    there's gratitude for you...        
                    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Hey give our Nicole a break .

I recently watched Transamerica starring Felicity Huffman playing a pre op transsexual, she wasn't the greatest looker but she played the role really well. There is more to acting then just good looks.
                      I don't get it, is this a magic show?

Comment

(Stogie @ Nov. 10 2008,22:24) I didn't know Dusty was a bit of a lesbo...
                        I didn't either!
                        As for nicole she is fecking lovely(sorry seamus borrowed your word), and i totally agree with road runner if she was on your hands i would happily take her!
                        i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

Nic as a ts....um...
                          You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Evey year i see these men's magazine such as: Maxim, FHM, etc ,o a top 10, 50 and 100 most sexiest girls in USA or the world. I say take these magazine editors to Thailand and let them see the ladyboys and than we will see who goes on these list.

Comment

Why can't they just get a real transsexual? You don't see transsexual acting as GGs... all these hype about people trying to get into our shoes...
                              Now a SUPER sister!

Comment

Working...
                              X