Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you suffer from Bipolar?

Hi all,

In March 2003 I was diagnosed as suffering from bipolar.

Wikipedia Bipolar Explained

The last 5 five years have proved 'interesting' in my life, and thankfully I have learned to manage my condition without medication and with the support of my psychiatrist.

Coincidentally, this problem for me escalated just after my second trip to Thailand! But I strongly believe it had been dormant in my brain since I was a teenager (I am now 38 years young).

At times over the last five years I have posted some bizarre comments on this forum (due to levels of euthoria), but all have been non-fiction.

Therefore I am interested to know if any other members suffer or show signs of bipolar (you may not know you do) As the experienced travellers to Thailand are well aware of, Thailand alerts your senses !!!

And if anybody is interested I 'may' write about the experiences that bipolar has caused for me when travelling, especially in Thailand. E.g. 3 nights in Patong police station in November 2007!

Regards.

Tiao
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

I do work on a ward which deals with bi-polar disorder,though!
    i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

maybe I got the same - difference is that I only vary between "normal" and "depressed".
      mostly depressed though.

will I get some health benefits if I am diagnosed bipolar?

Comment

i dont. but im sure my stockbroker does ,, the bastard !!

Comment

I clicked on the link and it's all mumbo jumbo to me.

Comment

Is it just me or is this place coming down with hypochondriac's recently

Christ! I've just sneezed , I'm away to bed it must be flu
            Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

I think that the discrete answers "yes" or "no" are not the whole story.

Rather, I think many of us are just a little bipolar, don't require medication; it's just part of life.

Comment

(jimslim @ Nov. 15 2008,06:54) Is it just me or is this place coming down with hypochondriac's recently  

Christ! I've just sneezed , I'm away to bed it must be flu  
                it may be bird flu or sars?

Comment

Interesting post! Everyone probably goes through the highs and lows of life, but this is in no way bi-polar!
                  The highs and lows we all experience are just normal reactions to life, while bi-polar can best be described as the north pole being the high and the south pole being the low, with the goal of being in the middle for what can be best desribed as functioning on a level that is normal to that individual! Bi- polar was referred to as Manic depression before the new terminology was invented with Lithium a common drug that is used in the treatment of bi-polar! A common problem with some sufferers is that they reach there 'normal' level of functioning and then stop taking there medication only for the cycle of illness to start again. I will add that this does not apply to everybody who suffers from this illness.

If you were to come across the severity that this illness can present in some individuals it is very hard to grasp, with the lows being lower than some people could ever imagine and the highs being so high that a person is totally detached from reality. In extreme forms this can make  the individual do or take part in activites that other people could not grasp or would never understand!

Incidently some of the most gifted people around and some very famous enterainers and intellectuals are diagnosed bi-polar.

We have a couple of people who stay on the ward, who travel a lot and seem to become unwell after periods of travel. Whether or not this is because of breaking the medication cycle i do not know! This illness can be controlled by medical intervention and medication,but does present in different forms of severity.

If i have offended any of the three posters who have clicked yes to being diagnosed, no offence is intended, but i do feel that people should be more aware of the illness, and it's implications.  
                  i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

(PigDogg @ Nov. 15 2008,12:40) I think that the discrete answers "yes" or "no" are not the whole story.

Rather, I think many of us are just a little bipolar, don't require medication; it's just part of life.

I think piggdogg you hit the nail on the head exactly, i suffer from mild bipolar for years and after accepting what i have and i only found the name of it a few years ago, i just hold my head up as good as i can and get on and enjoy life.

Fuck the hang-up's man!!
                    i love t-girls

Comment

Another faggot label to blame our mistakes on.

Comment

Hey stogie, why do you call it a Faggot label, i personally hate every term that has ever been called at me, i am a person who feels different to everyone else, but it certainly does not make me feel like i have made any mistakes that i should be ashamed of.
                        i love t-girls

Comment

Bipolar = A bit moody. It's human nature and no big fucking science.

Attention Deficit Disorder = Spoilt cunt. It's not a frigging disease!

Sudden infant death syndrome = drunk dad losing his temper and suffocating baby... fucking easy peazy to figure out. Not rocket science...

All these faggot labels and diseases for basically being human... Pathetic!

Comment

I see Dr. Phil has joined !
                            If she aint got a dick, she's just a chick!  

Comment

(Stogie @ Nov. 16 2008,00:00) Bipolar = A bit moody. It's human nature and no big fucking science.

Attention Deficit Disorder = Spoilt cunt. It's not a frigging disease!

Sudden infant death syndrome = drunk dad losing his temper and suffocating baby... fucking easy peazy to figure out. Not rocket science...

All these faggot labels and diseases for basically being human... Pathetic!  
                              fucking true ,especially with ADD

Comment

Working...
                              X