Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misspelled

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is t aht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

This only works for linear scripts, such as English. You cannot do the same for Chinese or Thai.
    Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again.

Comment

Can read that ok, PD. Does this mean i am abnormal (Iknow I am!!)
      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I just thought it was one of mine or Donnnnys posts!
        x
        Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

shut your face suay

just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

(PigDogg @ Dec. 04 2008,17:26) fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
            Hahah .. nice one  
            First I didn't realise that there where anything wrong with the spelling  

T

Comment

(donnnnnny @ Dec. 04 2008,10:06) shut your face suay

Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

Strange... I read it easily!

Comment

an old one this - have seen it before

don' think strange minds have anything to do with it - it worls on most people as evidenced by the fact that nobody has said yet that they couldn't read it. Also, it requires that you do understand how to spell the word in the first place - even if it is mispelled here
                  No honey, no money!!

Comment

Not a problem reading it, but i think the minority who say that they cannot read this probably give up on the first sentence, or have problems with reading in general.
                    i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

Context is also important. It's not as easy to read starting with the last word and ending with the first word.

Comment

text is actually foreign to the human brain.

Lets say you are in bed with a good book, maybe a thriller. And reading the text you get goose bumps, and your mind is playing the movie of the story. Your mind is fantasizing every event in the book, and you end up saying to yourself "That was good, I really got into that".

Then two weeks later you met your friend in a bar, and mentioned to him that you read a good book and did he read it. Your friend says "No , what was it about?"

And you start to tell him the whole story. Did you recall every word of text from the book? No, of course not, you recall the pictures of that movie you recorded in your memory.

The fact is that the brain stores events in 'picture form' in its memory, to be recalled later. This is why in ancient times events were recorded in 'picture form' by people such as the Egyptians, Mayans, Aboriginals etc etc. Only much much later did the text come into fashion.

A speed reader flicks through a book, then sets it down. Then the witness asks the speed reader, what was the second word, on the fifth line, on page 22. And after a moment he amazingly recalls the word.

This is because while flicking, he is taking photos of each page and stores them up in his memory. And when asked that question, he searches for the picture of page 22, and looking at that page in his mind, simply goes down 5 lines and reads the second word.

But if you let him flick through the book and quickly close it and ask him what was the whole book about, he would have a problem. He would have to recall every page of the book and actually read it, no faster than any one else.

Also most of you have seen the ' memory through association'. when a person is given a long list of words to remember and in the right order. The person finds it impossible to do, but when trained, that person will be asked to associate each word with something in the room. And to keep them in the right order, he would be asked to make up an adventure using the items (which are associated with the words) to keep them in the right order. Therefore, recalling the adventure (in picture form) he can recall the list of words in the right order.

The little trick at the beginning of this thread, is done by your mind in the same way.

Thought that it would interest some one.

Paultain

Comment

i couldn't read it, but when i read it backwards it says;
                          " Helter Skelter, Kill,,,Kill,,, Your Parents are the devils minions. "
                          My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

OK Charles Manson

Actually it was too easy to read , maybe that means I'm a fuckwit , or it proves your theory who knows
                            Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Working...
                            X