X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balloon Daredevil

A daredevil priest who floated out to sea suspended by 1,000 balloons has been awarded the daftest death of the year .

He took the top gong in the 2008 Darwin Awards - the annual list of silly ways to die - beating a man who ran into a train .

Father Antonio di Carli had been trying to break the world record for the longest time in flight with party balloons when he was blown of course by winds .
    He fell into the sea after 18 hours when the balloons deflated and his body was eventually found off the coast of Brazil some 3 months later .

The awards are named in honour of Charles Darwin , the father of evolution , to "salute the improvement of the human gene pool by honouring those who accidentally remove themselves from it "

Fans can vote for their favourite deaths at www.darwinawards.com

Last years winner was a 58 year old Texan who died of alcohol poisoning after giving himself an enema with three litres of Sherry .

Father Antonio takes off for heaven ...........
    Attached Files
    Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Well I thought it was funny ..........

Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(jimslim @ Jan. 09 2009,08:08) Well I thought it was funny ..........

Last years winner was a 58 year old Texan who died of alcohol poisoning after giving himself an enema with three litres of Sherry .

Sick minds think alike JimSlim!

Comment

There was a guy in California years ago who did something similar but it had a happier ending. He did the same thing but attached a LAWN CHAIR. He got up to about 12,000 feet but shot out some balloons and came down. His friends called the police and the FAA after he strayed into busy commercial airspace in SoCal I think it was.

Interestingly enough the TV Show MYTHBUSTERS did a segment on this and concluded it was plausable. Go figure!!
        Be careful out there!

Comment

(BlueBallz @ Jan. 10 2009,04:47) There was a guy in California years ago who did something similar but it had a happier ending.  He did the same thing but attached a LAWN CHAIR.  He got up to about 12,000 feet but shot out some balloons and came down. His friends called the police and the FAA after he strayed into busy commercial airspace in SoCal I think it was.

Interestingly enough the TV Show MYTHBUSTERS did a segment on this and concluded it was plausable.  Go figure!!
          I remember reading about this in a high school science class. I think it took place in the early to mid 80s. The guy used a starter pistol to shoot balloons and slowly deflate to the ground. I believe he was in the Guiness Book of World Records for quite some time.

Comment

To add to this I actually heard the 911 call his friends made to the cops! Incredible! Some radio show played it years back!!
            Be careful out there!

Comment

I've been flying on a few bar stools.........
              My idea of foreplay is getting my wallet out......

Comment

Working...
              X